Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Get the new Rolling Stone! Wild Dylan interview!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:02 am

I'm serious. This is the topper. Of his interviews, so far. And I've seen some wild ones.

On page 46 is the best. He tells a story of a guy named "Bobby Zimmerman" - well, it's in a book about the Hell's Angels. The guy died in a bike crash in '64. Bob, Bob Dylan, that is, unbeknownst to him, was "transfigured," due to this. Or he had an Acid Flashback. Listen:

Bob Dylan, speaking to Mikal Gilmore of Rolling Stone wrote:"So when you ask me some of your questions, you're talking to a person who's long dead. You're asking them to a person that doesn't exist."

Now he's not talking about that other Bobby Zimmerman, the one from the Iron Range. No. It's this real other guy who got killed in a bike accident in 1964.

I guess Elvis was "transfigured" when that gardener got killed by his car driven by Richard Davis in 1963. Hot times for "transfigurations." :wink:

I'm just enjoying this! There's more! Get your copy!

rjm

Re: Get the new Rolling Stone! Wild Dylan interview!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:34 pm

rjm wrote:I'm serious. This is the topper. Of his interviews, so far. And I've seen some wild ones.

On page 46 is the best. He tells a story of a guy named "Bobby Zimmerman" - well, it's in a book about the Hell's Angels. The guy died in a bike crash in '64. Bob, Bob Dylan, that is, unbeknownst to him, was "transfigured," due to this. Or he had an Acid Flashback. Listen:

Bob Dylan, speaking to Mikal Gilmore of Rolling Stone wrote:"So when you ask me some of your questions, you're talking to a person who's long dead. You're asking them to a person that doesn't exist."

Now he's not talking about that other Bobby Zimmerman, the one from the Iron Range. No. It's this real other guy who got killed in a bike accident in 1964.

I guess Elvis was "transfigured" when that gardener got killed by his car driven by Richard Davis in 1963. Hot times for "transfigurations." :wink:

I'm just enjoying this! There's more! Get your copy!

rjm

Sounds more like he's lost his marbles. Having said that, Nina Simone was convinced she was an Egyptian queen in a former life!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:23 pm

rjm wrote:I'm serious

But the man himself clearly isn't.

Nice to see he's still having fun.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Sounds more like he's lost his marbles. Having said that, Nina Simone was convinced she was an Egyptian queen in a former life!

You mean Bob had marbles to lose? LOL! He's said some STRANGE things over the years! This does beat all, though, I must say.

If you've read Mikal Gilmore's wonderful and tragic book about his own family, and Bob certainly has, well, he was playing with an interviewer's head again. (Gary Gilmore was his brother. You can Google that.) Anyway, in the book, nearer to the end, Mikal had "an experience." He was in bed. He woke up. This was after the trauma of his brother's death in the way that he died: suicide by death penalty. So, he was pretty freaked out by his whole life. And he wrote: "that was when I saw the ghost." So . . . Bob's aim is true. It's all way in the past now, of course, so I guess Bob wanted to see if Mikal has a sense of humor about the whole wretched thing by now. That's my take.

George Smith wrote:
rjm wrote:I'm serious

But the man himself clearly isn't.

Nice to see he's still having fun.

I certainly hope so, and I hope Mikal Gilmore took it in good fun. I think he did. I had fun reading it, I'll tell ya! It just kept getting better! :shock: 8)

rjm

Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:30 pm

I don't believe ANYTHING Bob tells interviewers. He loves to play with their heads. In his book, he even admits one of his rules is "lie to the press".....those looking for the truth, just listen to his music.