Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Rick Nelson & Johnny Cash - Easy To Be Free - Louisiana Man

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 am

Great live version on the Johnny Cash TV show. Songwriter Doug Kershaw joins them on Louisiana Man. . What do others think ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-zmq8jz2vc

Re: Rick Nelson & Johnny Cash - Easy To Be Free - Louisiana

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 pm

One of Nelson's greatest songs, and one that shows only to clearly his influence on Eagles who would emerge a year or two later. Nelson was a remarkable artist who managed to completely reinvent himself when he began with the Stone Canyon Band, and his live album at the Troubadour is absolutely stunning - and even better in the 2CD issue of a year or so ago.

The duet with Cash is enjoyable enough doesn't have the same chemistry as the best from the series, such as those with Tony Joe White and Louis Armstrong

The youtube account with this clip has some other great Nelson vids, such as this one:

phpBB [video]

Does anyone know what show this is from?

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:28 am

Thanks again. Is the duet and Easy to be Free lifted from a commercial DVD or Blu ray of some type ? It looks that way to me ?

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Robt wrote:Thanks again. Is the duet and Easy to be Free lifted from a commercial DVD or Blu ray of some type ? It looks that way to me ?

From what i remember it's on the Johnny Cash Show DVD.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 am

Thanks again, my Friend. I wasn't aware of a Johnny Cash DVD on his famous TV series. Will look into this and if available in Australia PAL standard.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Fantastic

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:56 am

Great stuff!
I was lucky enough to get 60 complete Johnny Cash shows from 1969/70 on 30 dvds.
There's very little filler in them and overall a very enjoyable show.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 pm

javilu wrote:Great stuff!
I was lucky enough to get 60 complete Johnny Cash shows from 1969/70 on 30 dvds.
There's very little filler in them and overall a very enjoyable show.

I have those too,very good to see