Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Jethro tull´s Ian Andersson: Thick as a brick 2

Tue May 15, 2012 8:07 pm

As I love very different kind of music, perhaps I´m ther only one here who cares for Ian & Co. By the way: His best effort since the late 70´s. Here´s a taster: Kismet in Suburbia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-r-kBhm ... re=related

Re: Jethro tull´s Ian Andersson: Thick as a brick 2

Wed May 16, 2012 2:27 am

I like a bit of Tull myself.You will know they were huge in the States in the early to late 70's with their albums and tours(madison square garden no less) so i'm sure plenty will care.

norrie

Re: Jethro tull´s Ian Andersson: Thick as a brick 2

Wed May 16, 2012 5:42 am

dreambear wrote:As I love very different kind of music, perhaps I´m ther only one here who cares for Ian & Co. By the way: His best effort since the late 70´s. Here´s a taster: Kismet in Suburbia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-r-kBhm ... re=related


He's got a great name!!!!! :D People have asked me if I'm from Jethro Tull when they hear my name! :lol: 8)

Re: Jethro tull´s Ian Andersson: Thick as a brick 2

Wed May 16, 2012 11:47 am

And as far as being Thick as a Brick,well I'm sure that a lot of you probably think that of me! :lol:

Re: Jethro tull´s Ian Andersson: Thick as a brick 2

Wed May 16, 2012 2:23 pm

ian wrote:
dreambear wrote:As I love very different kind of music, perhaps I´m ther only one here who cares for Ian & Co. By the way: His best effort since the late 70´s. Here´s a taster: Kismet in Suburbia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-r-kBhm ... re=related


He's got a great name!!!!! :D People have asked me if I'm from Jethro Tull when they hear my name! :lol: 8)


I have noticed this before :-)

Re: Jethro tull´s Ian Andersson: Thick as a brick 2

Wed May 16, 2012 2:24 pm

dreambear wrote:
ian wrote:
dreambear wrote:As I love very different kind of music, perhaps I´m ther only one here who cares for Ian & Co. By the way: His best effort since the late 70´s. Here´s a taster: Kismet in Suburbia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-r-kBhm ... re=related


He's got a great name!!!!! :D People have asked me if I'm from Jethro Tull when they hear my name! :lol: 8)


I have noticed this before and thought that it´s good that you call yourself Ian "Elvis" Anderson :-)

Re: Jethro tull´s Ian Andersson: Thick as a brick 2

Wed May 16, 2012 2:33 pm

Thanks for posting Dreambear,always admired Ian Andersons writing

Re: Jethro tull´s Ian Andersson: Thick as a brick 2

Sun May 20, 2012 8:21 am

Thank-you! 8)

Re: Jethro tull´s Ian Andersson: Thick as a brick 2

Mon May 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Not that much similarites between Elvis and Jethro tull but Jethro did an instrumental version of Greensleeves (Stay away) in 2004.

By the way, If you mix Elvis with Jethro tull you probably gets the song "Animal instinct" :D

//Björn

Re: Jethro tull´s Ian Andersson: Thick as a brick 2

Thu May 24, 2012 1:16 pm

norrie wrote:I like a bit of Tull myself.You will know they were huge in the States in the early to late 70's with their albums and tours(madison square garden no less) so i'm sure plenty will care.

norrie


..and two no 1 albums (Thick as a brick -72 and A passion play -73). Aqualung sold a lot to. Surprisingsly, they also got a top 20 hit in 1974 with Bungle in the jungle.

Re: Jethro tull´s Ian Andersson: Thick as a brick 2

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:45 am

I have listened to this album now for almost two months...and I´m shocked. This is really Ian´s best effort since...well dare I say "Songs from the wood" in 1977!. How could this happen??? :shock: :smt020