Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

ELO - Can't Get It Out Of My Head (From " The Early Years")

Mon May 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Anyone here dig ELO ? This is one killer live version that IMO betters the original (from the EL DORADO) record). Check this out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLMcgAvuO_Y

ELO - Can't Get It Out Of My Head (From "Live - The Early Years" DVD)

Re: ELO - Can't Get It Out Of My Head (From " The Early Year

Mon May 14, 2012 1:06 pm

ELO were a great band . And that is a good song . Very talented band .

They recorded many classics hits , Hold on Tight , Confusion , Don,t Bring Me Down , Livin Thing , Mr Blue Sky , and my own favourite Sweet Talkin Woman .
Jeff Lynne was an excellent writer/producer , i particulary liked his work with George Harrison and Tom Petty , pity we don,t hear more from him .
Here is another classic from ELO -

phpBB [video]

Mon May 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks mate. Have you heard/seen "Secret Messages" 1983 official video. Also been trying to find "turn to Stone" video on YouTube in decent quality.

Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Yes I,ve seen it , it,s a good song and video .
I liked Balance of Power, which i think was their last album with the original members (till Zoom a few years ago ).
Calling America and So Serious were the singles on that album , They didn,t do so well nor the album for that matter .

But Lynne is hugely talented , he wrote and performed a huge amount of quality songs .
Nowadays i believe he mainly concentrates on production work , but there were rumours of a solo album this year ,
Hopefully !

Tue May 15, 2012 8:00 pm

One of my favourite bands. He also did a lot to restore Roy Orbisons career at the end of Roy´s life. Imagine what he could have done for Elvis!