Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

R.I.P. Donald "Duck" Dunn

Sun May 13, 2012 6:00 pm

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_20614548/bass-player-donald-duck-dunn-dies-tokyo

:(

Re: R.I.P. Donald "Duck" Dunn

Mon May 14, 2012 2:11 am

Jeez!! 2012 is turning out to be the year we lost the heavy-weight icons in music.

Whitney Houston
Davy Jones
Levon Helm
Adam Yauch

and now Duck Dunn. This guy was one of the few bass players of note in the history of pop music. I can think of many bass players, but Duck is at the top of the list. I got to see him perform with Neil Young about 10 years ago when he did his Neil Young & Friends tour. RIP Duck. You and the Stax label will live on!

Mon May 14, 2012 6:58 am

Oh gosh that is sad. I loved his work on Otis' version of "Satisfaction" amongst many others. Very sad.

RIP.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:17 am

I've been reading Steve Cropper's announcement on Facebook for a couple days, and I'm still just so stunned. They had basically just gotten off the stage. And he just died. It's awful, awful. Took awhile to take that in: that someone who contributed so much to music, and was still performing, right then, just . . . died. Right after a show. Cropper had written some recent Facebook "notes" about how both he and Dunn were upset about other recent music deaths

And then Dunn died.

R.I.P.

rjm