Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Bryan Adams-Cut's Like A Knife

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 am

Back there in the 80s I wasn't what you would call a big Bryan Adams fan. What I heard on the radio I thought wasn't bad, and even though he bordered at times on the too far end of the pop-rock spectrum, I never disliked what he did. One exception is this song and video which was one of those simple concepts that were well executed the way a good portion of the videos of that time were (at least until the hairspray and make-up really took over around 1986 or so). Too much detailed grooming is not good for rock n roll. There's an extra added gritty flavor in this video being that it was shot on 16mm, and apparently not cleaned up too well by the time it was transferred to video. By today's pop standards this video looks almost, dare I say...underground. No pun intended. Oh yeah, in case you didn't know, there's a smokin hot babe in a bathing suit too.

phpBB [video]

Re: Bryan Adams-Cut's Like A Knife

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Great memories!

In those years I was in the army, and one of my roommates was a huge fan of Bryan Adams, he listened to 'Reckless' all day long. This was in 1988, and I bought that brilliant album myself too, soon followed by 'Cuts Like A Knife' and 'Into The Fire'. I loved his work so much that I had 'Native Son' (one of the songs on 'Into The Fire') tattooed on my arm, haha, I was filled with the enthousiasm of youth I guess.

Till this day I have very fond memories of Bryan's early Rock-stuff. Later on he became a bit too romantic for me I must admit. But when I saw him live a few years ago I noticed he still is a true rocker. Great voice! And responsible for one of my favorite songs of all time: 'The Summer Of '69'.

Re: Bryan Adams-Cut's Like A Knife

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:38 am

The first time I ever saw Adams was in 1983 at The Meadowlands in New Jersey. He opened for Journey...and damn near stole the show. I really liked his early stuff and was a huge fan.