Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

What is the name of the Frank Sinatra Bootlegs from the day

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:21 pm

What is the name of the Frank Sinatra Bootlegs from the day Elvis past away

Take Care

Alex

Re: What is the name of the Frank Sinatra Bootlegs from the

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:41 pm

Why is this in All Elvis? This should be in classic artists or off topic.

EDIT: I see the edit you made there. Nevermind. Carry on. :wink:

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:47 pm

elvisalex wrote:What is the name of the Frank Sinatra Bootlegs from the day Elvis past away

That's Life
Ol’ Blue Eyes Is Dead
Nobody Cares
Softly, As I Leave You

I think these is all the names.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Typically, bootlegs of Frank Sinatra concerts aren't named as such, but referred to by date and venue. There is some lore in Elvis fandom that Sinatra sang several of Elvis's songs during his concert on August 17th, 1977 at the Alpine Valley Music Theatre in Wisconsin -- this isn't true.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:14 am

The majority of unofficial Sinatra concerts floating around amongst collectors were not even released as CDs or CDRs in the way Elvis bootlegs have been - hence, I'm guessing, the lack of titling of show. The ones I have come across over the years often have mundane titles such as "Return to carnegie Hall", "Sinatra at the Grand Ol' Opry", "The Lost London Concert" etc. Bootlegs based around recording sessions were more commons such as the "master's workshop" series and the "Inside..." series - with each entry in the latter dealing with a diffeent Reprise album. eg "Inside September of My Years", "Inside Basie", "Inside Strangers In The Night " etc. Rarities from concerts were occasionally released on bootleg compilations such as "See The Show Again".

As Greystoke has already stated, there is no suggestion of a Sinatra "tribute" to Elvis in song following Presley's death. Sinatra's first concert following the event, on August 17, had the following setlist:
Night And Day (disco version)
Where Or When
For Once In My Life
Spring Is Here
Here’s That Rainy Day
My Funny Valentine
I Love My Wife
I Sing The Songs
Send In The Clowns
My Kind Of Town
See The Show Again
Everybody Ought To Be In love
My Way
Angel Eyes
I’ve Got You Under My Skin
All Or Nothing At All
It Was A Very Good Year
The Lady Is A Tramp

The above concert is not one I have seen in circulation amongst collectors, unless it has appeared on the circuit in the last year or so, which was when I bowed out of it.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:12 pm

greystoke wrote:Typically, bootlegs of Frank Sinatra concerts aren't named as such, but referred to by date and venue. There is some lore in Elvis fandom that Sinatra sang several of Elvis's songs during his concert on August 17th, 1977 at the Alpine Valley Music Theatre in Wisconsin -- this isn't true.

Did he even acknowlege Elvis?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Tony.. wrote:
greystoke wrote:Typically, bootlegs of Frank Sinatra concerts aren't named as such, but referred to by date and venue. There is some lore in Elvis fandom that Sinatra sang several of Elvis's songs during his concert on August 17th, 1977 at the Alpine Valley Music Theatre in Wisconsin -- this isn't true.

As I have already said:

"The above concert is not one I have seen in circulation amongst collectors"

My psychic abilities are not great these days, hence why I have had to turn down the numerous opportunities to appear on ghost-hunting shows.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:56 am

Tony.. wrote:

I understand that he did, but haven't heard this concert either. But according to journalist, Rick Kogan, his brother Mark (who worked in some capacity on various concert tours) was the person who told Sinatra of Elvis's death as he arrived by plane in Milwaukee and headed by private car to aforementioned venue for a rehearsal. Frank was said to be wholly taken aback by the news and took to the telephone at the first opportunity. Who he called, I don't know. But he did pay tribute to Elvis on stage the following night.