Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Beatles "1" 2011 Re-Issue CD

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:56 am

A sound upgrade from the original 2000 release (using 2009 remasters)....

Digitally remastered edition of this collection from the Fab Four comprised entirely of #1 hits from UK and the U.S, For the 2009 remasters, each track was remastered by a dedicated team of engineers at EMI's Abbey Road Studios in London over a four year period utilizing state of the art recording technology alongside vintage studio equipment, carefully maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings. The result of this painstaking process is the highest fidelity the catalog has seen since its original release. The 32 page booklet remains faithful to the original, featuring a foreword by George Martin, along with international cover art, as well as recording and release information on each one of the #1 tracks on the CD.

Re: Beatles "1" 2011 Re-Issue CD

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:05 am

Nice. Even though I doubt I buy it. The original release sounded really crap.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:16 am

Marko wrote:Nice. Even though I doubt I buy it. The original release sounded really crap.

I know many people that were happy with the original sound of Beatles "1." Even if it wasn't the finest sonic representation, it was far from "crap." It is only fitting that EMI reissues that monster-selling collection with the new mastering from the 2009 campaign. I have no use for the collection, but it is a solid one-stop, one-disc collection for casual music buyers; certainly more so than the heavily flawed ELV1S 31 Number One Hits.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:01 am

midnightx wrote:
Marko wrote:Nice. Even though I doubt I buy it. The original release sounded really crap.

I know many people that were happy with the original sound of Beatles "1." Even if it wasn't the finest sonic representation, it was far from "crap." It is only fitting that EMI reissues that monster-selling collection with the new mastering from the 2009 campaign. I have no use for the collection, but it is a solid one-stop, one-disc collection for casual music buyers; certainly more so than the heavily flawed ELV1S 31 Number One Hits.

I'm sure there are. There are people that actually think David Bendeths work on Elvis masters sounds great too.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Beatles "1" never was trashed or viewed as a legitimate controversy like Bendeth's work was. There is no relevant parallel there.