Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

BLONDIE versus ABBA - Hanging On The Ring Ring

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:25 am

A pretty good mash-up of Blondie's Hanging On The Telephone and ABBA's Ring Ring. Cute.

phpBB [video]

Re: BLONDIE versus ABBA - Hanging On The Ring Ring

Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:06 am

Great find EAS. Never realized the similarities between the two songs. BTW, I like your current Madonna AV.

Speaking Of Madonna, her hit song "Hung Up" was based on ABBA's "Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)"

phpBB [video]

Long live Blondie, Madonna & ABBA !!!!! :smt007 :smt007

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:53 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Great find EAS. Never realized the similarities between the two songs. BTW, I like your current Madonna AV.

Speaking Of Madonna, her hit song "Hung Up" was based on ABBA's "Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)"

Thanks TCB. Yes, the the producer/remixer [Matt Pop] has a definite talent judging by his other clips. Here are a couple more interesting uploads he has worked on [by chance 2 of my all-time favourite recordings!].
NOTE: The Borderline remix uses some cool vocal outtakes on the coda.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Re. Madonna's Hung Up, yes she sampled the aforementioned ABBA track to great effect - even writing to all 4 ex-members to ask permission for her to use it! Love her. :smt007

Coincidently here she is in a 2005 CBS news interview, talking briefly about Elvis, when reminded by the interviewer that she had tied his then record of 36 top-ten singles on the Billboard Hot 100, with Hung Up. "I think I'm in good company" she says proudly.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... cQWR7we_oQ

"Long live Blondie, Madonna & ABBA !!!!!" :smt023

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Great find EAS. Never realized the similarities between the two songs. BTW, I like your current Madonna AV.

phpBB [video]

That black chic at 1:09 is hot! smt158

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:36 pm

Ring, Ring is one of my favourite ABBA songs. Good to hear this mash-up!

Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:12 am

What I really want for Christmas is Agnetha and Debbie underneath my Christmas tree!

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:09 am

Lonely Summer wrote:What I really want for Christmas is Agnetha and Debbie underneath my Christmas tree!

Don't we all friend!
Arguably the two most enduring female pop icons of the 70's, both still looking mighty fine to this day. :smt055

Image Image

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
Lonely Summer wrote:What I really want for Christmas is Agnetha and Debbie underneath my Christmas tree!

Don't we all friend!
Arguably the two most enduring female pop icons of the 70's, both still looking mighty fine to this day. :smt055

Image Image

very nice pics!