Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Dion DiMucci on Hank, Buddy Holly & his new blues album

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Exclusive interview with Dion DiMucci talking about his love for Hank Williams, touring with Buddy Holly and his new album Tank Full Of Blues...http://rockabillynblues.blogspot.com/20 ... ll-of.html

Re: Dion DiMucci on Hank, Buddy Holly & his new blues album

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Thanks for posting that Riley. Very fine interview with an artist trying to keep that early flame alive. I was amazed how good Heroes was. I kind of wish would doo wop one more time as opposed to blues. It's not that he's not a good blues singer but he's more naturally gifted in the other style. Deja Nu was simply a terrific album. I also must say I liked his early shark skin suit look to his new denim duds. Of course, he still looks far more dignified than many artists his age. I loved the early pic of him playing the bongos. I had never seen that before.

I disagree to a degree on "Blue Suede Shoes." I think if you're looking for rockabilly Perkins' record is it. Elvis' was pure rock n' roll.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:17 am

Thanks so much for checking it out. Dion's the best. He's really a joy to talk with. I do know he's a big fan of Presley's Sun stuff....and other early RCA songs like Jailhouse Rock, etc. I think he's just an even bigger Carl Perkins fan. You nailed it though with Carl being more rockabilly and Elvis' version being pure rock & roll.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Great interview Riley. Dion is a cool guy.