Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

danny gatton

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:43 am

probably the most underrated musician i know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoDp8hCi ... re=related

feat my baby left, mystery train, that's alright

Re: danny gatton

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 am

A tremendous talent; one of the greatest guitarists of all-time. I was listeing to this just last night:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:10 am

midnightx wrote:A tremendous talent; one of the greatest guitarists of all-time. I was listeing to this just last night:

for someone who a month or two back was bemoaning the various "classic" artists talked about on these boards, it seems odd that you contribute to this one, featuring a man most have never heard of. (that wasn't aimed at your original post, kris)

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:22 am

Well, he is no "Bart Korteweg," but in many music circles, Danny Gatton is a legend of the guitar. And while not a classic alongside the obvious greats, the fact that this section has been one of very loose interpretation from the start, it seems odd that you would try to make some flailing point. If this section isn't going to have any strict standard or interpretation, Gatton is certainly worth praising. In the meantime, we all look forward to your next update on Buble.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Phenomenal player, a one of a kind.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:28 pm

midnightx wrote:Well, he is no "Bart Korteweg," but in many music circles, Danny Gatton is a legend of the guitar. And while not a classic alongside the obvious greats, the fact that this section has been one of very loose interpretation from the start, it seems odd that you would try to make some flailing point. If this section isn't going to have any strict standard or interpretation, Gatton is certainly worth praising. In the meantime, we all look forward to your next update on Buble.

My point had nothing to do with the loose interpretation of the section, which I applaud. But simply that you contribute to a thread about a non-classic artist when you yourself have been hyper-critical over such people appearing here in the past. Hyporcrite is the word that springs to mind.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 pm

In guitar circles, Danny Gatton is a classic, legendary guitarist. Nothing hypocritical about that.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:01 am

midnightx wrote:In guitar circles, Danny Gatton is a classic, legendary guitarist. Nothing hypocritical about that.

i thought sewing circles were more your thing.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:30 am

Does every thread have to turn into a pointless argument?

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Ask Peter.