Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

John Lennon - GOD

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:24 pm

I just believe in me
Yoko and me
And that's reality....

If this doesn't pull on your heartstrings, nothing will.
Quite possibly thee song that encapsulates the inner soul of this most extraordinary and singular human being.

Peace.

phpBB [video]

Re: John Lennon - GOD

Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Classic Lennon

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 am

I don't believe in Yoko...I don't believe in Lennon....I just believe in God.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:43 am

John was a spiritual humanist.
He did not believe in religion. God was another matter.

rjm

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Lonely Summer wrote:I don't believe in Yoko...I don't believe in Lennon....I just believe in God.

+1
8) 8) 8)

::rocks

Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:39 pm

People always got the image I was an anti-Christ or anti-religion. I'm not. I'm a most religious fellow. I was brought up a Christian and I only now understand some of the things that Christ was saying in those parables. Because people got hooked on the teacher and missed the message. All this bit about electing a President. We pick our own daddy out of a dog pound of daddies.
John Lennon.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:40 am

For those on this forum who claim John Lennon "couldn't sing," this song puts the lie to that assessment.

His vocals on "God" are sublime. The night he died, one of the network newscasts closed with this recording. It was devastating, on a number of levels.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:01 pm

I always found Lennon's vocals to be suspect at various points in his career, to the point that you wonder what on Earth he was doing in between.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:57 am

ECC83 wrote:I always found Lennon's vocals to be suspect at various points in his career, to the point that you wonder what on Earth he was doing in between.

But 3 examples that counter your argument of John's "suspect" vocals at various points in his career. Enjoy!

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Slightly off-topic, but i have felt and long believed that "Love" was his best song. Strange that no other artist has covered it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umq6qFNVnxs

Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:10 am

GOD - Part II by U2
A great homage to Lennon and Bono's equally sublime lyrics

Notice to verse:
I don't believe in Goldman,
His type is like a curse,
Instant karma's gonna get him,
If i don't get him first.

phpBB [video]

Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:15 am

Robt wrote:Slightly off-topic, but i have felt and long believed that "Love" was his best song. Strange that no other artist has covered it -

Streisand covered it and 'Mother' on her 'Joan' album.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbra_Joan_Streisand_%28album%29

phpBB [video]

Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:27 am

Yowsa!

Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:54 am

Thanks for that. Did not exactly move me however. I think what makes the Lennon record so outstanding is because of it's very basic arrangement. I especially love the Piano fade intro and fade outro.