Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Neil Sedaka

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:56 am

Sedaka has always been one for writing quirky songs - this is from one of his best albums, Emergence which kick-started his comeback back in 1970.

phpBB [video]

Re: Neil Sedaka

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:31 pm

He's a marvellous singer and songwriter, who I have had the pleasure of seeing live on one occassion -- back in 1998, I believe. He was just terrific -- lively, vocally splendid and had a great rapport with the audience.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Yes, and still writing surprisingly good songs too. It's a shame Presley didn't record more of them. The likes of Going Nowhere, The Hungry Years or Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain-styled Love Will Keep Us Together wouldhave been intriguing prospects.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:14 pm

this one is pretty good !

phpBB [video]

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:16 am

I like his doo wop oriented teen rock n' roll songs from the early '60s over his later easy listening period although "Bad Blood" is a very fine record. Early on Sedaka, with extremely melodic yet still rhythmic, was really kind of good at catching boy next door repressed sexuality. I also thought a lot of people missed the tongue in his cheek on some of those songs. His changes on those early '60s tracks are very exciting. The critic Nik Cohn wrote one of the best assessments of Sedaka's first hit period in his great book Rock From the Beginning.