Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Happy Birthday Jerry Lee Lewis!!

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Happy Birthday to Jerry Lee Lewis! See videos of "The Killer" through the years here...http://rockabillynblues.blogspot.com/20 ... lewis.html

Re: Happy Birthday Jerry Lee Lewis!!

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Keep goin', Killer !

phpBB [video]

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Jerry Lee Lewis is not just one of the founding fathers of rock n roll but he also invented Hard Rock/Metal ! if you dont believe me have a listen to this !
phpBB [video]

This was recorded live in April 1964 in Hamburg Germany. I dont think there was any Hard Rock before this right?

Happy birthday Killer !! 8)

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:25 am

ElvisLive3August1969 wrote:Jerry Lee Lewis is not just one of the founding fathers of rock n roll but he also invented Hard Rock/Metal ! if you dont believe me have a listen to this !
phpBB [video]

This was recorded live in April 1964 in Hamburg Germany. I dont think there was any Hard Rock before this right?

That's a remarkable concert, and a good way to chase away the blues!

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:00 am

poormadpeter wrote:
ElvisLive3August1969 wrote:Jerry Lee Lewis is not just one of the founding fathers of rock n roll but he also invented Hard Rock/Metal ! if you dont believe me have a listen to this !
phpBB [video]

That's a remarkable concert, and a good way to chase away the blues!

He wasn't just chasing away the blues he was also chasing away the Devil :smt002

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:04 am

I meant when we listen to it, it chases away the blues.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:50 am

Regarding The Devil: Jerry has always felt as though he kinda made a little deal with the flaming diablo. It seems to be working out well for Jerry Lee!

Of all of em, who woulda thunk it?

Keep goin, Killer!

rjm