Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Bobby Darin & Clyde McPhatter

Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Here is a nice clip on youtube of Bobby Darin & Clyde McPhatter from darin's 1960 british TV special. Having seen the Tv specials Darin hosted as early as 1960 and the Kraft Special in the late 1960s, it seems odd why someone so charismatic and who seemed so at ease performing in duets etc did not have a TV series of his own before 1972!

phpBB [video]

Re: Bobby Darin & Clyde McPhatter

Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:14 pm

The interesting thing about this next clip is that it features Eddie Fisher, Andy Williams and Bobby darin - but once the song starts, you almost forget that Fisher is there, it's all about Darin and Williams.

phpBB [video]

and another nice clip from the Andy Williams Show
phpBB [video]

Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Very nice clips, yet again . . . Darin was such a talent, as was McPhatter; such great vocalists the pair of them. As was Andy Williams, whose vocal range was certainly extraordinary during his prime.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:41 am

It's odd, I always thought Williams was a bit wet when I was younger, but the clips from the TV show as really quite a delight.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:32 am

I should apologise for starting this thread as I have just realised that the footage was posted here a year ago. As it was new to youtube, I assumesd it hadnt been posted here before, but I'm assuming the old version was taken down. No intention was to tread on people's toes.