Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Bob Seger System, the first LP. Amazing!!

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:23 am

Save for a very few of his 70s FM rock hits, I am not a big Bob Seger fan by any stretch of the imagination. For the most part his music, the 70s music that is, scores no points with me. That's why I am so incredibly blown away by his very first LP on Capitol released in 1969. Some titles on the cover say simply "The Bob Seger System", I've seen others that not only have the bands name but "Ramblin Gamblin Man" below it. Whatever the case may be, this album is one of the lost heavy/psych classics of the late 60s and should not be overlooked. How Seger went from doing this style of music to doing "Night Moves" less than ten years later is up for discussion. In the meantime if you haven't heard this record, you should. Regardless of where Seger's career headed in later years this record most definitely puts him in good company with many of his other heavy-rock brethren of Detroit city. It's right up there with the best of the MC5, The Stooges, Frigid Pink, and any other of the Detroit freak rock crowd I may have failed to mention.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Re: Bob Seger System, the first LP. Amazing!!

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:21 pm

It is very unfortunate so much early Seger is out of print. For example, Back in '72 should have been reissued by now.