Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Bart Korteweg

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:28 pm

I realise this section is meant for classic artists, but I'm hoping I can be indulged for bringing to light someone who is, for me, one of the best of those non-professional artists that post on youtube. He has been quiet for a couple of years now, so I don't know what has become of him. But this is a guy called Bart Korteweg, and I would thoroughly recommend a listen to his 25 or so videos. ...

Since writing the above, I realise that all but one of his videos have gone - including the most stunning version of Strange Fruit. Anyhow, this is the survivor:

phpBB [video]

Re: Bart Korteweg

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Hey, nice to read this. Bart is a friend and I asked him after reading your post (and then made an account here), they're not gone but they're made private. I'm not quite sure as to the reasons why, but I'll let you know in this thread might I find out and perhaps I can share those songs too.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:16 pm

He has recently made a handful available again, I notice, including this beautiful take on A Satisfied Mind:

phpBB [video]

His version of Strange Fruit is still sadly missing though - it was truly stunning.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:46 pm

The wonderful Strange Fruit is back up.

phpBB [video]