Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

ORCHESTRAL MANOUVERS IN THE DARK

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:46 pm

I;ve been a big fan of this UK group since the very early eighties, they had a string of big hits in the UK charts with ENOLA GAY (a song about the B29 bomber that dropped the first atomic bomb in anger), SOUVENIR, JOAN OF ARC, MESSAGES to name a few.

I would have to say there best album would be the 1981 release ARCHITECTURE AND MORALITY. The group split in the late eighties but reformed in 2007 both touring live and releasing a new album last year.

Anybody else a fan of this great group.

Re: ORCHESTRAL MANOUVERS IN THE DARK

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:09 am

Not a fan, but used to have the albums Junk Culture and The Pacific Age. Also liked some of their hits like Locomotion, So In Love and Forever Live And Die. Although they have disappeared from my radar a long time ago, I may consider buying a hits compilation someday, yet, maybe I don't.

Re: ORCHESTRAL MANOUVERS IN THE DARK

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:22 pm

The 80's was my least favourite era of music. Never liked the tinny sounding synthesisers and Bontempi sounding keyboards. Groups like Culture Club, The Pet Shop Boys and Brother Beyond spring to mind.......YUK!!
Luckily, the 80's saw a resurgence in rock in 1980-83 with bands like Iron Maiden, Saxon, Motorhead and Rainbow blasting into the charts.