Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Something Fishy going on with You Tube-

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:44 am

Are any of you able to see or hear these ones -

1. Jerry Lee Lewis - I'll Find it Where I can (original 1977)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl8PcPGhcHU

2. B J Thomas & Dusty Springfield - As Long as We Got Eachother(1987)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjWlc7SD1bg

Re: Something Fishy going on with You Tube-

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:16 am

No
blocked by orchard music on copyright grounds

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Who's that !

Here's what it says on my e-mail from YT -

Your video, Jerry Lee Lewis - I'll Find it Where I Can (Original 1977) , may include content that is owned or administered by these entities:

Entity: WMG Content Type: Sound Recording

As a result, your video is blocked worldwide.
What should I do?

No action is required on your part. Your video is still available worldwide.

and this -

[i] Your video, B J Thomas & Dusty Springfield - As Long As We Got Eachother (1987) , may include content that is owned or administered by these entities:[/i

-
Entity: The Orchard Music, WMG, Warner Chappell, and Warner Chappell Content Type: Sound Recording

As a result, your video is blocked worldwide.
What should I do?

No action is required on your part. Your video is still available worldwide.
What can I do about my video's status?

Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change. You may want to check back periodically to see if you have new options available to you

And so, on one sentence it states" worldwide blocked."

On another " No action is required on your part. Your video is still available worldwide".

I had a similar worldwide blocked message the other day on a Bobby Darin song by EMI.

What do other's think?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:47 pm

You know what's inconsistent is that the two Mikey Neburry songs i uploaded where both are from the FRISCO MABEL JOY CD, One is blocked by Sony (Remember the Good) the other (How I Love Them Old Songs ) is Not. This was the same LP that Elvis had which contained "American Trilogy". You played these yet, Ken ?

What do you do ?! ??

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Robt wrote:You know what's inconsistent is that the two Mikey Neburry songs i uploaded where both are from the FRISCO MABEL JOY CD, One is blocked by Sony (Remember the Good) the other (How I Love Them Old Songs ) is Not. This was the same LP that Elvis had which contained "American Trilogy". You played these yet, Ken ?

What do you do ?! ??

Couild only play one of the Mickey Nebury songs
strange isnt it

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks Ken, Now tell me if you are able to access these two by Dusty Springfield ! -

"So Much Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rwKXt0mHWY

"Warten und Hoffen"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CoL-zjU3sU

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Wishing and hoping is ok but the other is blocked

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:56 pm

I spent two flaming hours on a cold winter morning with my fingers freezing edting the video and then uploading them.

Damn it Ken. It makes no sense. The Dusty track that was blocked was by Warners music. Yet there are other previous uploads on YT from the same "Dusty in Memphis" CD !!!!

Another thing, I had no problems with two Everly Brothers uploads (who are also Warners). I do it out of labor of love. It's not like i'm making money out of it.

What Do You Do ?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Robt wrote:I spent two flaming hours on a cold winter morning with my fingers freezing edting the video and then uploading them.

Damn it Ken. It makes no sense. The Dusty track that was blocked was by Warners music. Yet there are other previous uploads on YT from the same "Dusty in Memphis" CD !!!!

Another thing, I had no problems with two Everly Brothers uploads (who are also Warners). I do it out of labor of love. It's not like i'm making money out of it.

What Do You Do ?

Its a shame warners feels the need to remove stuff.i remember last year they removed the sound from many videos but left the picture.pointless if you ask me

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:04 pm

WTF Just for the hell of it, let's see what happens if i upload two coca cola jingles by the Everlys and Roy. :mrgreen: ..

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:07 pm

It's annoying as hell.

I uploaded the 1977 Graceland pool intervew complete with clock timer at the bottom and it was removed by EPE.

I wish they'd leave things alone....

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:46 am

LOL lets read a transcript of it. Anyway it happened yet again. I put up Shadrack by Brook Benton on YT and then promptly got the "worldwide blocked" message by Warners. You know the song Andy?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:32 am

Robt wrote:What do other's think?

Major bummer, man.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:04 am

Yeah it is, but that's the way it goes when you put up stuff on YT. Something's just get blocked or removed. Got some more classic coca cola jingles lined up