Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

McCartney and Perkins (duet) - Get It

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:33 am

Hey haven't heard this since 1983 ! A duet with Paul and one of his heroes, Carl Perkins was a fave. It also sounds a lot sharper than what i can remember.

What do others think ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i0eE01oRrw

Re: McCartney and Perkins (duet) - Get It

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:50 am

Hi!

Tug of war is one of Paul´s better studio albums and the first one after the death of Lennon. Seems like Paul felt he must show the world that Lennon wasn´t the only beatle in the band. Sadly, the next three albums wouldn´t be that good...

This is a nice little tune, but I prefer tracks like "Take it away", "The pound is sinking", Wanderlust and "Ballroom dancing".

//Björn

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:00 pm

My Friend, yes you're correct. Completely Forgot about "Wanderlust". Thanks for reminding me. I think Paul recorded a second version on the film GIVE MY REGARDS...

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Robt wrote:My Friend, yes you're correct. Completely Forgot about "Wanderlust". Thanks for reminding me. I think Paul recorded a second version on the film GIVE MY REGARDS...

Yes, with Ringo Starr on drums. There´s also a version of "Ballroom dancing" with Ringo. Except for the "new" tracks "No values" and "Not such a bad boy", I feel the re-recorded Beatles tracks makes the album a bit dull for me. Later live versions are better in my opinion. But worse was to come: "Press to play"! Horrible production and just a few listenable tracks like "Only love remains" and "Footprints".

Regards!

Björn

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25 pm

Carl played a great version of that song during his concert at Silver Eagle. That show was released on CD (very good!) but unfortunately they edited a.o. "Get it" out of it.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:03 am

There's also a nice song Carl did with Paul during the Tug of War sessions called "My Old Friend", it's on Carl's last album, Go Cat Go.

Sat May 05, 2012 12:12 pm

That was really great and you gotta love Carl's laughing,which according to a poster on you tube was Paul telling an off colour joke! :lol: 8) I bought Tug of War when it first came out. 8)