Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

The Everly Brothers - Omaha (extremely rare version)

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:32 pm

What do others think of this beauty?

It is extremely rare as it only ever appeared onetime and only in England in 1977 on THE NEW ALBUM. There is another version with an extra verse "I'm going Back to Omaha to Omaha..." that is available on Rhino's "Heartaches & Harmonies" and Bear Family "Chained to a Memory". I like the UK 1977 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP3dT5TBug4

Re: The Everly Brothers - Omaha (extremely rare version)

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Robt wrote:What do others think of this beauty?

It is extremely rare as it only ever appeared onetime and only in England in 1977 on THE NEW ALBUM. There is another version with an extra verse "I'm going Back to Omaha to Omaha..." that is available on Rhino's "Heartaches & Harmonies" and Bear Family "Chained to a Memory". I like the UK 1977 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP3dT5TBug4



Its not as rare as it was back in those days. THE NEW ALBUM has been released on CD by the Collectors' Choise label. As a devoted Everly collector i must admit i'm not so trilled about this song.

Re: The Everly Brothers - Omaha (extremely rare version)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:20 am

Thank you my friend. "Collectors Choise" ? Never even heard of it. Which country is that from?
Anyway "Omaha" has recieved an overwhelming response from all the videos i uploaded on You Tube.

Re: The Everly Brothers - Omaha (extremely rare version)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:06 am

Hey buddy, try this site :-)

http://www.ccmusic.com/

stay devoted!

Re: The Everly Brothers - Omaha (extremely rare version)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks, I tried to find it but it's not there. Are you sure you don't like "Omaha" ? Tis a beautiful song IMHO.

Re: The Everly Brothers - Omaha (extremely rare version)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:03 pm

I dont like it ,i do however like the "Everly Brothers" ::rocks

Re: The Everly Brothers - Omaha (extremely rare version)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:12 pm

Robt wrote:Thanks, I tried to find it but it's not there. Are you sure you don't like "Omaha" ? Tis a beautiful song IMHO.


I cant find it either on their site, but they released it ( see details) so perhaps you can send a mail to them for ordering ;-)

http://www.discogs.com/Everly-Brothers- ... se/1487493

Re: The Everly Brothers - Omaha (extremely rare version)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:47 pm

keninlincs wrote:I dont like it ,i do however like the "Everly Brothers" ::rocks



Fine. Do you know of THE NEW ALBUM ?

Re: The Everly Brothers - Omaha (extremely rare version)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Robt wrote:
keninlincs wrote:I dont like it ,i do however like the "Everly Brothers" ::rocks



Fine. Do you know of THE NEW ALBUM ?

Yes ihave heard of it,its on the "Collectors choice"label