Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Aerosmith

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Your chance to get some VERY, VERY good rock music for just one pence (UK)!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Aerosmith/ ... 795&sr=1-1

Re: Aerosmith

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Oh, yeah! Great band and a nice collection. I buy a lot of CDs and DVDs for mere pence on Amazon, usually with £1.25 postage, but not always. Ditto low-priced books. My tip: find a good seller and stick with them. I use Zoverstocks as much as I can.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:00 pm

greystoke wrote:Oh, yeah! Great band and a nice collection. I buy a lot of CDs and DVDs for mere pence on Amazon, usually with £1.25 postage, but not always. Ditto low-priced books. My tip: find a good seller and stick with them. I use Zoverstocks as much as I can.

Yes, Zoverstocks are the boys. Mainly because they deliberately price their stuff a few pence cheaper that the next guys.
This song is on the cd set (plus 33 others).

phpBB [video]

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:23 am

Man, they have been so irrelevant for so long, churning out so much crap -- sometimes it is hard to remember that they once were a great band.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:35 am

midnightx wrote:Man, they have been so irrelevant for so long, churning out so much crap -- sometimes it is hard to remember that they once were a great band.

+1

After Joe Perry left the band the first time it was all down hill. But let's not forget 'ROCKS'!!!! That's when they had their sh*t to-geth-er!!

phpBB [video]

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:20 pm

midnightx wrote:Man, they have been so irrelevant for so long, churning out so much crap -- sometimes it is hard to remember that they once were a great band.

From what year, in your opinion?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:54 pm

TONY wrote:

From what year, in your opinion?

They were great from 1973 through 1978. Then the wheels come off. Don't get me wrong, I think they produced two interesting, contemporary pop/rock albums with Done With Mirrors and Permanent Vacation during the '80s, but those albums were not the creative, artistic statements that their mid-'70s counterparts were. The band has spent well over 20 years producing sleek, safe, and predictable fluff. Had they not produced that string of quality music for 5-6 years during the mid-'70s, they would be a completely irrelevant band.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:57 pm

intheghetto wrote:

+1

After Joe Perry left the band the first time it was all down hill. But let's not forget 'ROCKS'!!!! That's when they had their sh*t to-geth-er!!

phpBB [video]

Yes, that's good. It's prompted me to order "Pandora's box" a 3cd set of the 'smiths earlier gear.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:00 am

TONY wrote:Yes, that's good. It's prompted me to order "Pandora's box" a 3cd set of the 'smiths earlier gear.

Not a bad set, and certainly reasonably priced these days. It is missing some key tracks and the outtakes aren't overly exciting, but it is still a pretty nice overview of the band's '70s creative peak.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:10 am

TONY wrote:
greystoke wrote:Oh, yeah! Great band and a nice collection. I buy a lot of CDs and DVDs for mere pence on Amazon, usually with £1.25 postage, but not always. Ditto low-priced books. My tip: find a good seller and stick with them. I use Zoverstocks as much as I can.

Yes, Zoverstocks are the boys. Mainly because they deliberately price their stuff a few pence cheaper that the next guys.
This song is on the cd set (plus 33 others).

phpBB [video]

Zoverstocks have some truly great cd bargains and moreover are usually in top quality/condition aswell. Just recently though they have f****d me about on several orders they cancelled as "out of stock/failed final quality inspection" only then for the same discs to have been re-listed within a couple of hours ! :x