Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Aerosmith

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Your chance to get some VERY, VERY good rock music for just one pence (UK)!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Aerosmith/ ... 795&sr=1-1

Re: Aerosmith

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Oh, yeah! Great band and a nice collection. I buy a lot of CDs and DVDs for mere pence on Amazon, usually with £1.25 postage, but not always. Ditto low-priced books. My tip: find a good seller and stick with them. I use Zoverstocks as much as I can.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:00 pm

greystoke wrote:Oh, yeah! Great band and a nice collection. I buy a lot of CDs and DVDs for mere pence on Amazon, usually with £1.25 postage, but not always. Ditto low-priced books. My tip: find a good seller and stick with them. I use Zoverstocks as much as I can.

Yes, Zoverstocks are the boys. Mainly because they deliberately price their stuff a few pence cheaper that the next guys.
This song is on the cd set (plus 33 others).

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:23 am

Man, they have been so irrelevant for so long, churning out so much crap -- sometimes it is hard to remember that they once were a great band.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:20 pm

midnightx wrote:Man, they have been so irrelevant for so long, churning out so much crap -- sometimes it is hard to remember that they once were a great band.

From what year, in your opinion?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:54 pm

TONY wrote:
midnightx wrote:Man, they have been so irrelevant for so long, churning out so much crap -- sometimes it is hard to remember that they once were a great band.

From what year, in your opinion?

They were great from 1973 through 1978. Then the wheels come off. Don't get me wrong, I think they produced two interesting, contemporary pop/rock albums with Done With Mirrors and Permanent Vacation during the '80s, but those albums were not the creative, artistic statements that their mid-'70s counterparts were. The band has spent well over 20 years producing sleek, safe, and predictable fluff. Had they not produced that string of quality music for 5-6 years during the mid-'70s, they would be a completely irrelevant band.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:57 pm

intheghetto wrote:

+1

After Joe Perry left the band the first time it was all down hill. But let's not forget 'ROCKS'!!!! That's when they had their sh*t to-geth-er!!

Yes, that's good. It's prompted me to order "Pandora's box" a 3cd set of the 'smiths earlier gear.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:00 am

TONY wrote:Yes, that's good. It's prompted me to order "Pandora's box" a 3cd set of the 'smiths earlier gear.

Not a bad set, and certainly reasonably priced these days. It is missing some key tracks and the outtakes aren't overly exciting, but it is still a pretty nice overview of the band's '70s creative peak.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:10 am

TONY wrote:
greystoke wrote:Oh, yeah! Great band and a nice collection. I buy a lot of CDs and DVDs for mere pence on Amazon, usually with £1.25 postage, but not always. Ditto low-priced books. My tip: find a good seller and stick with them. I use Zoverstocks as much as I can.

Yes, Zoverstocks are the boys. Mainly because they deliberately price their stuff a few pence cheaper that the next guys.
This song is on the cd set (plus 33 others).

Zoverstocks have some truly great cd bargains and moreover are usually in top quality/condition aswell. Just recently though they have f****d me about on several orders they cancelled as "out of stock/failed final quality inspection" only then for the same discs to have been re-listed within a couple of hours ! :x