12%

Total votes : 17

BB KING

Thu May 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Hello

your opinion on bb king ?

Re: BB KING

Thu May 19, 2011 7:37 pm

A pioneering artist to say the least. Definitely in my top ten of favorite blues artists.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:36 pm

midnightx wrote:A pioneering artist to say the least. Definitely in my top ten of favorite blues artists.

what is your favorite song ?

Fri May 20, 2011 8:37 am

B.B. is the best! Thrill is Gone is the easy pick for favorite, but I'm partial to How Blue Can You Get.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:41 am

Really, too many highlights to mention. I always enjoy the live version of Sweet Sixteen, Pts. 1 & 2 that was recorded live in Chicago on 11/5/66. Easy Listening Blues from the ACE album release of the same name is another favorite.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Yeah, I'm a big fan of B.B. King, too. A huge talent and, next to John Lee Hooker, my favourite blues singer - and although I never saw Hooker in person, I have B.B., and he was terrific!

Some of my favourite recordings of his are, Hummingbird, The Thrill is Gone, Bad Case of Love and his version of (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons, whilst Blues on the Bayou and Let the Good Times Roll are my favourite albums of his.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Several years ago, there was an album recorded next to Eric Clapton. The whole thing was pretty cool.