Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

actors & actresses who sing

Sun May 15, 2011 10:33 pm

William Shatner-Gentle on My Mind

phpBB [video]

it's William Shatner who sing despite what the youtube user wrote

Re: actors & actresses who sing

Mon May 16, 2011 12:55 am

Shatner singing Rocket Man is brilliant . . ''I'm a rocket . . . . man . . . '' Awesome! lol

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Diana Ross & Larry Hagman - You Are Everything

phpBB [video]

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Lynda Carter and Merle Haggard Sing Duet

phpBB [video]

L Carter & tom jones

phpBB [video]

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:33 pm

And someone who I admire as both a man and an actor, Kevin Spacey.

phpBB [video]

Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Hugh Jackman is a fine actor and a terrific singer -- he's been linked to a remake of Carousel for some time, but it would be great to see him on screen in a well-written musical.

phpBB [video]

And although I'm not really a fan of Family Guy, or anything else he has done -- I've come to admire Seth McFarlane as a singer of considerable ability. I would also like to see him as part of a good musical.

phpBB [video]

Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:23 am

greystoke wrote:Hugh Jackman is a fine actor and a terrific singer -- he's been linked to a remake of Carousel for some time, but it would be great to see him on screen in a well-written musical.

phpBB [video]

And although I'm not really a fan of Family Guy, or anything else he has done -- I've come to admire Seth McFarlane as a singer of considerable ability. I would also like to see him as part of a good musical.

phpBB [video]

Jackman is playing Valjean in the 2012 film version of the musical Les Miserables, with russell crowe playing Javert!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:47 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
greystoke wrote:Hugh Jackman is a fine actor and a terrific singer -- he's been linked to a remake of Carousel for some time, but it would be great to see him on screen in a well-written musical.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Jackman is playing Valjean in the 2012 film version of the musical Les Miserables, with russell crowe playing Javert!

You know what, I knew that and it escaped me entirely when writing the above post LOL -- I just, a few days ago, read a terrific interview with him in Total Film.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:18 am

Gwyneth Paltrow
phpBB [video]

TIM MCGRAW AND GWYNETH PALTROW
phpBB [video]

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:38 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:13 am

phpBB [video]

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:38 am

Here's the original version of this song
phpBB [video]

Here's Clint Eastwood's first single
phpBB [video]

And Clint Eastwood covering a song taken from his film Kelly's Heroes
phpBB [video]

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 am

I love Clint but his version fails beside Mike Curb Congregation

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Robert Mitchum also sang. There is a wonderful clip of an aged robert mitchum in the film Chop Suey, where he is singing jazz with Dr John. Sadly it's not on youtube. But this is probably the best example of his singing on youtube:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Aside from singing the occassional song, Clint Eastwood has become a formidable musical talent in Hollywood, stretching his abilities from actor to director and producer, but also songwriter and composer. He has written songs and composed the musical score for several of his own films, and for other projects besides -- most recenly, a splendid score for J. Edgar. His finest moment, however, as both a director and composer, may be in the form of Changeling. The dark strings and subtle, jazz-influenced tones are haunting, resonant and fit the film's era like a glove. It's a brilliant score, and one of the previous decade's finest, IMO.

phpBB [video]

I'm also very fond of Gran Torino, both the film and the superb score, but also the song, Gran Torino, which Clint sings during the film's end credits. Clint's vocal adds an air of further poignancy to a song rich in descriptive imagery. Jamie Cullum takes over when Clint's vocal is faded out, and sings wonderfully. It's one of his best performances, IMO.

phpBB [video]

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:44 pm

I remember playing this on the radio in my old life and thinking she did a pretty decent job on it.

phpBB [video]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_If_(Kate_Winslet_song)

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Julian Grant wrote:I remember playing this on the radio in my old life and thinking she did a pretty decent job on it.

phpBB [video]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_If_(Kate_Winslet_song)

There are more than a handful of singers who frequent the pop charts that would do a lesser job with the same material.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:48 pm

rocknroller wrote:Gwyneth Paltrow
phpBB [video]

TIM MCGRAW AND GWYNETH PALTROW
phpBB [video]

I have to say, I was quite impressed with Paltrow's vocals when I caught her in Glee a few months back. Have to say, I would rather listen to her than her husband!!

http://vimeo.com/24711329

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 am

And here's my favorite song from Camelot by Richard Burton, eat your heart out Richard Harris.

phpBB [video]