Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Re: The Everly Brothers

Mon May 09, 2011 9:14 am

Robt wrote:Morero, Here are my 10 favorites, as sung by Don and Phil :

10. Since You Broke My Heart
9. Amanda Ruth
8. Nancy's Minuet (all the outtakes)
7. Omaha (i.e. "I'm going back to Omaha, to Omaha" second version)
6.Love with your Heart
5. Don't you even Try
4. What about me
3. Man with Money (B side of ":The Price of Love")
2. Nice Guys
1. Stained Glass Morning

and last but not least, the entire contents of the "Roots" album.

You like any of them ?. As I am a big fan, I tend to enjoy the rarer stuff more than the well known songs. What do you think? :mrgreen:

Hey Rob :-)
Excellent list, but for me its almost impossible to name my 10 favorites ( same with Elvis) but at least these tracks are among my most favorites Evs tracks:
- Bowling Green
- Empty Boxes
- Love With Your Heart
- Chained to a Memory
- Leave My Girl Alone
- Brown Eyes
- The Story Of Me
- These Shoes
- So How Comes No One Loves Me
- Temptation

I'm proud to collect thru the years some 300 cds of the Brothers and the complete cataloque on vinyl.
EBI ( the International organisation) released more than 40 full DVDr discs so far, with amazing stuff on it :-)
From the very early days to , lets say, 2008, its all on there!

Wed May 11, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks for that. I think the world has seen the last of Don and Phil as an act.But there's loads of outtakes and alternates to keep us interested. Did you like all the outtakes on "Nancy's Minuet" ?

Wed May 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Robt wrote:Thanks for that. I think the world has seen the last of Don and Phil as an act.But there's loads of outtakes and alternates to keep us interested. Did you like all the outtakes on "Nancy's Minuet" ?

Yes i have to admit, i really dig Nancys Minuet, i even like it better than Temptation. Don was really heavy on drugs during these sessions, but he still could write awesome music. Too bad that Nancys Minuet wasn't a hit, by the time of release the Evs were already considered an 'oldies act' in the US. Luckely for the boys in the UK that still had some hits in the mid 60's.