Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

The Jam, Start!

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:01 pm

phpBB [video]

Re: The Jam, Start!

Fri May 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Great song (including nicked bass riff!) from my favourite band of all time!

Fri May 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Awesome! What a band The Jam were -- and Weller, a genius musician and brilliant vocalist. He is to British-made music what Springsteen is to American-made music.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:06 pm

londonflash, have you picked up the two-disc deluxe edition of Sound Affects? A nice collection which some intriguing performances on disc two, including a demo for "Start!"

Fri May 20, 2011 10:03 pm

midnightx wrote:londonflash, have you picked up the two-disc deluxe edition of Sound Affects? A nice collection which some intriguing performances on disc two, including a demo for "Start!"

Good call, midnightx. Picked it up last Christmas for a tenner. Love their versions of And Your Bird Can Sing and Rain.

A mate is seeing Paul Weller in Hyde Park next month. I would've tagged along, but I'll be on holiday.

Sat May 21, 2011 2:17 am

londonflash wrote:
midnightx wrote:londonflash, have you picked up the two-disc deluxe edition of Sound Affects? A nice collection which some intriguing performances on disc two, including a demo for "Start!"

Good call, midnightx. Picked it up last Christmas for a tenner. Love their versions of And Your Bird Can Sing and Rain.

Yes, and the Waterloo Sunset rendition is quite cool as well. If there was ever a band that could have done justice covering that Kinks masterpiece, The Jam was it.

Sat May 21, 2011 3:58 am

midnightx wrote:
londonflash wrote:

Yes, and the Waterloo Sunset rendition is quite cool as well. If there was ever a band that could have done justice covering that Kinks masterpiece, The Jam was it.

I bought the Direction, Reaction, Creation box last year for silly money as well. It was a bargain of epic proportions.

Sat May 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Saw Weller in Bradford in 2009, awesome concert, he was on stage for 2 hours, not bad for someone who's in his 50's now, he sang "Strange Town" and the roof nearly came off the place! The guy is a genius!, Foxton has been recently touring with From The Jam, I saw them twice (after saying I'd never see a Jam tribute group, I relented after telling myself that it couldn't be a full on tribute group as he was the originall bass player!!!) and they were excellent.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:33 pm

This has been on repeat a LOT recently!