Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Springsteen - Live at the Main Point 1975 (official release)

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Springsteen's legendary performance at the Main Point in February 1975 is getting an official release on April 18:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004 ... B004OWPWEO

This seems to be a UK-only release at this stage.

Tracklist:

CD 1

1. Intro
2. Incident on 57th Street
3. Mountain Of Love
4. Born To Run
5. The E Street Shuffle
6. Wings for Wheels (Thunder Road)
7. I Want You
8. Spirit In The Night
9. She s The One
10. Growin Up
11. It s Hard To Be A Saint In The City
12. Jungleland

CD 2

1. Kitty's Back
2. New York City Serenade
3. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
4. 4th Of July, Asbury Park
5. A Love So Fine / Shout
6. For You
7. Back In The USA

It's not clear to what extent the sound will be an upgrade on existing bootleg versions.

Re: Springsteen - Live at the Main Point 1975 (official rele

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:00 pm

I posted this on another forum and there seems to be a suspicion that it is a boot, ie Leftfieldmedia not being known.

It is a little confusing because Leftfieldmedia are also attached to the recent "Bonnie Raitt's Lost Broadcast" and "Bob Dylan - Folksingers Choice." If the Bruce set is a bootleg, these must also be, so I'm not convinced that it is. Amazon, Play and HMV are also all selling it, and I'd be surprised for a Bootleg to make it on to all three.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:22 pm

It is a boot.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:13 pm

No way does this show come out officially without the Columbia Records/Sony Music imprint.

Plus, Bruce issued a two CD set of a 1975 show in 2006.

Hammersmith Odeon, London '75
http://www.amazon.com/Hammersmith-Odeon-London-75-2CD/dp/B000E97X66

Notice the elegance of the official release packaging, quite a contrast.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:27 am

Yes, the packaging is dire and that in itself is a big tip off. I don't know how LeftFieldMedia are getting this and other titles on Amazon, HMV and Play, unless they are exploiting some loophole.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:17 am

TJ wrote:Yes, the packaging is dire and that in itself is a big tip off. I don't know how LeftFieldMedia are getting this and other titles on Amazon, HMV and Play, unless they are exploiting some loophole.

As soon as Amazon confirms it is a bootleg, it will cease offering it for sale.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:16 am

Given that LeftField Media's Dylan release has been on there for eight months, don't bet on the Springsteen release disappearing any time soon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003 ... d_i=468294

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:50 pm

This 2-cd set has been in the Dutch records shops for at least a week or so. So, it's not a UK-only release.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:49 pm

I don't see this boot remaining in print very long - or at least being available for mainstream consumption.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Grab it while you can. I have two boot versions of this show and it is a classic. You will hear early versions of Thunder Road (then known as Wings for Wheels), She's the One (with some lines later used in Backstreets), and Jungleland with alternate lyrics, as well as some rare covers (Back in the U.S.A. and I Want You) and great version of New York City Serenade.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Mike C wrote:Grab it while you can. I have two boot versions of this show and it is a classic. You will hear early versions of Thunder Road (then known as Wings for Wheels), She's the One (with some lines later used in Backstreets), and Jungleland with alternate lyrics, as well as some rare covers (Back in the U.S.A. and I Want You) and great version of New York City Serenade.

Indeed! It may be the live debut of "Born to Run."

It's a bit tentative, it's done mid-set, it's not an anthem yet.

When it finishes, Bruce says into the mic, "Whoa, 'Born to Run.'"

So cool.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Mike C wrote:Grab it while you can. I have two boot versions of this show and it is a classic. You will hear early versions of Thunder Road (then known as Wings for Wheels), She's the One (with some lines later used in Backstreets), and Jungleland with alternate lyrics, as well as some rare covers (Back in the U.S.A. and I Want You) and great version of New York City Serenade.

I think that is one reason why Bruce may never "officially" release it (unless he establishes a "mail order" collectors label like Dick's Picks). The BTR classics are not fully developed and I'm not sure he wants some of these tracks represented in this way as mainstream options. That being said, it is a great show that no fan should be without.