U2

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:59 am

One of the greatest band ever :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnXOSxka1Q

Re: U2

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:54 pm

Sun Hero wrote:One of the greatest band ever :

phpBB [video]

Edge with hair, Bono without sunglasses -- those were the days.

The Unforgettable Fire remains their finest album.

Sun May 01, 2011 2:54 am

I only found out recently that the Edge and Clayton were both born in England.

They have made some great records.

Sun May 01, 2011 12:25 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

No it's not.

The Joshua Tree, U2's fifth studio album, was released in March 1987 and was instantly met with massive critical and commercial favor. And while prior albums like War and Unforgettable Fire had thrust the band into arena rock territory, it was JT that truly made them stadium stars the world over.

Venturing away from their post-punk roots, Bono and company began experimenting with blues and gospel elements, while meshing it all together with their signature guitar-driven sound.

Seminal tracks like "Where The Streets Have No Name," "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," and "With or Without You" still resonate loud and clear. And while the band has gone on to create some incredible music, The Joshua Tree stands as the benchmark in their aural legacy to the world.

Sun May 01, 2011 10:49 pm

nevermind wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No it's not.

The Joshua Tree, U2's fifth studio album, was released in March 1987 and was instantly met with massive critical and commercial favor. And while prior albums like War and Unforgettable Fire had thrust the band into arena rock territory, it was JT that truly made them stadium stars the world over.

Venturing away from their post-punk roots, Bono and company began experimenting with blues and gospel elements, while meshing it all together with their signature guitar-driven sound.

Seminal tracks like "Where The Streets Have No Name," "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," and "With or Without You" still resonate loud and clear. And while the band has gone on to create some incredible music, The Joshua Tree stands as the benchmark in their aural legacy to the world.

When you use Google to copy someone else's opinion, you should include the link.

It's the right thing to do. Let me help. Here it is:

U2: Worst to Best
By: Brian Linder
http://music.ign.com/articles/958/958918p3.html

It's pretty funny to note this author places Achtung Baby at #2.

He must be a good friend of your muse, Matthew Stephens.

Sun May 01, 2011 11:32 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
nevermind wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No it's not.

When you use Google to copy someone else's opinion, you should include the link.

Wham, bam, thank you mam!

LOL, Doc that was good by even your standards. The last line was killer!

Mon May 02, 2011 2:01 am

Good Time Charlie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
nevermind wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No it's not.

This is classic Doc! Hehe.

Mon May 02, 2011 2:25 am

The Matthew Stephens punch-line never fails to deliver in these instances.

Mon May 02, 2011 2:45 am

What facial hair! What knowledge!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 02, 2011 2:49 am

He really puts things in perspective.

Mon May 02, 2011 10:04 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
nevermind wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No it's not.

The one and only Google-King are you. It's just one of the statements, The Joshua Tree, is U2's best album. Ever. You haven't got a clue what you talking about, as you enjoying Beatles -fetish.

Nice to see some fellow-morons, to back you up.

Good Time Charlie wrote:

How far you already up in the fake doctor's a$$? Must be crowded over there. You are infromed the c*ck-sucking task is already given to Midnightz, i hope?. Maybe ''The Doc'' has another ''job'' you can fulfil, in Doc's own army?

Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 pm

nevermind wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
nevermind wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No it's not.

The one and only Google-King are you. It's just one of the statements, The Joshua Tree, is U2's best album. Ever. You haven't got a clue what you talking about, as you enjoying Beatles -fetish.

Nice to see some fellow-morons, to back you up.

Good Time Charlie wrote:

How far you already up in the fake doctor's a$$? Must be crowded over there. You are infromed the c*ck-sucking task is already given to Midnightz, i hope?. Maybe ''The Doc'' has another ''job'' you can fulfil, in Doc's own army?

Are you still here?

Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 pm

3577 never left.

Mon May 02, 2011 10:28 pm

londonflash wrote:I only found out recently that the Edge and Clayton were both born in England.

They have made some great records.

BTW, I never knew that half of U2 is English -- the Beatles were an English band!!!

David Howell Evans was born at the Barking Maternity Hospital, Essex, England to Welsh parents Garvin and Gwenda Evans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Edge#Personal_life

Clayton is the elder child of Brian and Jo Clayton, born on 13 March 1960 in Chinnor, Oxfordshire, England.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Clayton#Life_and_career

Mon May 02, 2011 10:37 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
BTW, I never knew that half of U2 is English

Like i said, U2 is way out of your league.

Mon May 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Who do you like better? U2, Kiss, Prince, or Level 42?

Tue May 03, 2011 12:20 am

nevermind wrote:Like i said, U2 is way out of your league.

Please let Matthew Stephens know, the next time you guys chat.

Tue May 03, 2011 11:09 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Matthew? Whats your middle name, Valley girl?

Tue May 03, 2011 11:21 am

midnightx wrote:Who do you like better? U2, Kiss, Prince, or Level 42?

Haha..Always hated Level 42, Prince had some great records and U2 of course, well, great live. Their earlier material being superior to the more recent stuff. Not their strongest song but I still love "Angel Of Harlem" recorded at Sun of course complete with the Memphis horns.

Tue May 03, 2011 1:42 pm

nevermind wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Matthew? Whats your middle name, Valley girl?

Great guess! But wrong. It's not "Valley girl."