The BEATLES - Red and Blue Remasters Appreciation thread plus Fans Comments...

Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, londonflash, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Re: The BEATLES - Red and Blue Remasters Appreciation thread plus Fans Comments...

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Now there has been growing criticisms regarding Giles Martin remixing on I am the Walrus 2023 and i have to say i too am disappointed near the end on I am the Walrus.

It coulda and should have been more dramatic-filled and perhaps 30 second extra longer with the chanting and a gradual fade-out.
It sounds weak now :evil:

it sounds best on this fan made mix...

Last edited by Walter Hale 4 on Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

elvis-fan
Registered for: 21 years

Re: The BEATLES - Red and Blue Remasters Appreciation thread plus Fans Comments...

Post by elvis-fan »

elvis-fan wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:51 am
Here's Andrew's review of the new Red and Blue LP's...
I'm glad I didn't spend $200+ on these two albums now after seeing this... I had an order in but cancelled it when the release date kept getting pushed out...

Topic author
Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

@NVprods
2 weeks ago

Great review. I just listened to it, and I can't believe it. They weakened a biting, stinging, satirical song, and a song that originally kept building to a frenzied psychedelic ending. Lennon's acid tongued biting vocal is lost in the mix, the King Lear radio play that they accidentally caught during the original mix is gone, etc. Most of the new mixes on both the red and blue are interesting because they brought out more of the music, you can hear things you never heard before, so they are worth the new mix. Walrus to me is destroyed. I'll stick to the original.

@craigphillips6308
2 weeks ago
This new remix of I Am the Walrus reminds me of what Giles Martin did to Helter Skelter and She Said She Said; he completely took away their bite and power, and removed the edge that made them so compelling in the first place. As others have mentioned; thank god we still have the original, and far superior mixes done by his late father.

@nickdelloso8987
2 weeks ago
I agree. I hate the abomination they did to the last minute or so of the song in particular. FAIL! The radio broadcast and the rising violins near the end are now mostly buried or silenced by radio tuning noise! I hope they don't use this remix in any remixed Magical Mystery Tour in the future, but I fear they will. I'll be keeping my 2009 CD and vinyl records and hoping that they correct this in a future remix of this remix (2040's?). Hopefully I'm still alive and also not deaf by then! Fingers crossed.

Topic author
Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

This is DinnerwithGreedo's thoughts on the Red Album Vinyl,

Topic author
Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

another fan weighs in on the 2023 upgrades on Red and Blue compilations.

The 2023 remixes of The Beatles Red and Blue albums represent an exciting and game-changing development of how we listen to the Beatles' music.

0:00 - Background
1:21 - Compilations & Remixing
3:53 - NordVPN
4:55 - Red vs Blue
6:11 - Bad Stereo
7:02 - The problem with Mono
8:39 - General Improvements
9:58 - Review of the Remixes
23:31 - Outro