(Almost) Complete FTD collection

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Topic author
DrDada1967
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

(Almost) Complete FTD collection

Post by DrDada1967 »

Hello,

I am a long-time lurker and a first-time poster. I was hoping for some advice on selling my FTD collection. For reasons I will not go into, I am in need to extra money and have decided one way to get this is to sell my FTD collection.

I have all FTD books and CDs starting with _Burbank '68_ (released July 1999) and ending with _King Creole_ (released May 2015). The only release I do not have is _The Way It Was_ photobook & CD from August 2001. Please note I do not have any vinyl releases - all my FTDs are books and 7 inch and 5 inch CD packs.

The FTDS I have are not sealed but are in very good condition. Once I got a book or CD I would open the packet, rip the CD to FLAC, and then put the book/CD on a shelf in a closet. So, the FTDs are not sealed but they have had very little use/handling.

I am wondering if there is any chance I could sell my collection as a whole rather than splitting it into individual book/CD sales. It would be nice to get rid of the collection in one sale, and it would be good for the buyer to get a full set. I am in New Zealand and I have calculated that each CD costs NZ$45 new and the books vary in price. If bought new, my collection would cost NZ$7700.

Any advice or suggestions as to how best I might proceed would be welcome.

Thanks,
Colin

MysticMind68

Re: (Almost) Complete FTD collection

Post by MysticMind68 »

How much do you want for the collection? If the price is good, i'll jump.... Otherwise, if you have the time and patience, sell em one by one and get he most money, or sell em all as a lot. IMO, I'd throw the whole collection on ebay with a reserve and watch the bids fly.