elvis records for sale on ebay!

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Topic author
lee&ellen
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

elvis records for sale on ebay!

Post by lee&ellen »

Hi just to let you all know I'm selling some of my collection due to a house move on eBay I have some real rare stuff.
Here is a link to one of them then check out my other items...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvis-Presley-speedway-mono-usa-lpm-3989-mega-rare-/201137133793?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2ed4b518e1

Not listed them all yet so feel free to ask of any you may require for your collections as I may well have it!!

Thanks Lee

kelvin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Re: elvis records for sale on ebay!

Post by kelvin »

Fellow collectors,

Think i may have made an error bidding on one of this sellers LP's (he currently has zero feedback). Very bad communication and just have a bad feeling about this. However i will give him the benefit of the doubt until the record arrives (said he posted today but failed to give me the Special Delivery tracking number when asked). Will report back but please be cautious if he puts anything more up on eBay

Kelvin

Tracey-Jayne
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

Post by Tracey-Jayne »

kelvin wrote:Fellow collectors,

Think i may have made an error bidding on one of this sellers LP's (he currently has zero feedback). Very bad communication and just have a bad feeling about this. However i will give him the benefit of the doubt until the record arrives (said he posted today but failed to give me the Special Delivery tracking number when asked). Will report back but please be cautious if he puts anything more up on eBay

Kelvin
:sosorry: to hear about this but the warning signs were visible on the EBAY profile etc,always best to do some homework on sellers who offer high price rare items and deliver nothing?.I did ask for more photos for a item listed and all I got back was a 'stock ' photo etc....so did not bid.... a lesson learnt from me and as a avid fan can usually sort out the good from the bad.

Hope all goes well for you and you did not lose too much money.

kelvin

Post by kelvin »

Definate con man/woman .....i asked for album to be sent Special Delivery - seller revised invoice - it got delivered today recorded Delivery at a different address and signed by somebody else. Seller /con man has not answered any of my emails since i sent money. Very clever but thankfully will get money back via Paypal guarantee

Beware collectors

totti11
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by totti11 »

That Auction was discussed at length during bidding and a lot of members including myself thought it was a scam. It got a bit rough at the end and it posts were taken down.
I asked him for more info on Speedway and A Date With Elvis.
He sent me pics of a 1970s German press of A Date With Elvis and claimed it to be a USA original press , that's when I pulled out of the Auctions.

Here is what he said about the LPs

Dear totti111111,

The speedway mono USA is sealed stone mint I purchased it at auction. And its one of a kind. I don't know for another. Willing to accept reasonable offers for it
- babypresley2014

Also sent me a message about the posts on Speedway on this site.

Dear totti111111,

The lengths people go through to try and put your collection down is beyond me. Fecc only site. I was just trying to advertise them. I purchased a date with Elvis from Chris file Elvis shop London and I have sold to him aswell ask him about Lee from south wales.
- babypresley2014

We live and learn for now..................

Garfield
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Garfield »

kelvin wrote:Definate con man/woman .....i asked for album to be sent Special Delivery - seller revised invoice - it got delivered today recorded Delivery at a different address and signed by somebody else. Seller /con man has not answered any of my emails since i sent money. Very clever but thankfully will get money back via Paypal guarantee

Beware collectors
I'd report this not only to eBay/PayPal but also to the police especially if you paid a lot of money for the item. I think they'll take it seriously. If I remember well, not so long ago someone from Wales who pulled a similar trick was convicted and sent down for a year or so.

houndog
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by houndog »

totti11 wrote:That Auction was discussed at length during bidding and a lot of members including myself thought it was a scam. It got a bit rough at the end and it posts were taken down.
I asked him for more info on Speedway and A Date With Elvis.
He sent me pics of a 1970s German press of A Date With Elvis and claimed it to be a USA original press , that's when I pulled out of the Auctions.

Here is what he said about the LPs

Dear totti111111,

The speedway mono USA is sealed stone mint I purchased it at auction. And its one of a kind. I don't know for another. Willing to accept reasonable offers for it
- babypresley2014

Also sent me a message about the posts on Speedway on this site.

Dear totti111111,

The lengths people go through to try and put your collection down is beyond me. Fecc only site. I was just trying to advertise them. I purchased a date with Elvis from Chris file Elvis shop London and I have sold to him aswell ask him about Lee from south wales.
- babypresley2014

We live and learn for now..................
for what its worth based on the post above where he states "ask him about Lee from south wales" this is a guy called Lee bramwell who has advertised on here a lot selling US 45's etc cant remember his user name on here tho, but its strange he keeps using or changing his user names etc that will always set alarm bells ringing.
I have only dealt with him once and can confirm I received what we traded although it wasn't the cleanest of deals he insisted on using his works address ( or he claims it was) personally I wouldn't deal with him again as it was to much hassle, I know of others who have dealt with him also and said the same ,but in his defence I wouldn't say he is a conman he just wants big prices and if you trade "something for nothing" if you decide to deal with him stick to your guns on what you want.
but beware proceed with caution

HOUNDOG

you aint nuthin butta.......

kelvin

Post by kelvin »

Ive just contacted Royal Mail and the LP has been signed by somebody in Rochdale and im on the South East Coast! Still no replies from him via eBay

Garfield
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Garfield »

kelvin wrote:Ive just contacted Royal Mail and the LP has been signed by somebody in Rochdale and im on the South East Coast! Still no replies from him via eBay
Sounds like a scam. I'd send another message outlining clearly what you are going to do - i.e. contact eBay, PayPal and the police - in the event that the goods you paid for aren't delivered to you within, say, the next 7 days.

kelvin

Post by kelvin »

This conman has just been reported to eBay.....hope the guy who spent big money on the Speedway album does the same

SunnyboyG
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Post by SunnyboyG »

I recently looked at a copy of Milkcow Blues Boogie on ebay, the starting bid is $600 and a buy option at $1,200, i asked the seller for the deadwax and if it has pushmarks, which i could not see any in the pictures, this was his reply, I had to consult with my friend who is a record dealer, as I am somewhat in-experienced with these old records. Deadwax etching is:u-140-u5 72. No obvious push marks. However there is a very slight warp, (I didn't notice this until your question) appx 1mm along the edge and .5mm inward. It doesn't look like it is warped on the playing section. I am happy to send you more pics of different angles, etc., but the warp is hard to capture. Should I play it? I told him it should have pushmarks if it is an original Memphis pressing, or is there a triangle or M.S.I.CO. etched in the deadwax which to my knowledge would mean a L.A. or Philadelphia pressing, i also explained the distance that the 72 is from the other numbers, my conclusion was that he is selling a possible 1972 re-issue, now he could be innocent in thinking he has an original, but i don't think that's the case here, he doesn't accept returns, and this description made me smell a con man, Found a few collector's items in my Grandpa's old desk. Original sleaves are falling apart. Kept inside a house in New Mexico since 1950's. Never Moved. VG+++++/NM, funny how the sleeves are falling apart, not sure about if i'm aloud to post a link but here is the link, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121405763859?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT, i reported it to ebay but the listing is still active, i think he is a con man, do you think i could be right.

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 9 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

The price asked as a starting bid shouuld warrant a better description, and some clearer photos.too risky for a bid

sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon

-instagram kenh1964

kelvin

Post by kelvin »

Garfield wrote:
kelvin wrote:Ive just contacted Royal Mail and the LP has been signed by somebody in Rochdale and im on the South East Coast! Still no replies from him via eBay
Sounds like a scam. I'd send another message outlining clearly what you are going to do - i.e. contact eBay, PayPal and the police - in the event that the goods you paid for aren't delivered to you within, say, the next 7 days.
You gotta laugh! After posting album (HMV Rock n Roll 1956) to Rochdale by mistake ole Lee from Wales then emailed me to say that it had been a big mistake and that he had sent to wrong address. He then emailed me to say that he had the album back and would post Special Delivery to me within the next 2 days. Oh and he asked that before he did this could i close the case on eBay (yeah right!). Well i waited with bated breath but no album. Set up a case with Ebay and also called them to report this blatent fraudster. They witheld his funds and then refunded me back after investigating. So apart from swearing a lot and wasting my time tracking the LP with Post Office i have my money back. Anyway a funny ending in that today my neighbour took in a Recorded Delivery from....wait for it... Wales!!!.....i thought it cant be...i opened it....and there just as promised was Elvis Presleys first album......only trouble was that this one was released in 1983 from Germany :) made me chuckle anyway. He would make a rubbish burglar. So my fellow collectors be aware that Lee from Wales will prob pop up again soon with a new user name but with zero feedback so beware. Im off to caress my existing HMV album and apologise in wanting to replace him with a fictional superior upgrade.