Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Forum rules

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Complete FTD Classic Album series collection

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:06 am

I have all of the FTD Classic Album Collection for sale. I have listed them individually on Amazon, where they sell for more than one could get them from Shop Elvis.

However, if anyone is interested in buying the WHOLE LOT from me. I would sell them for $25 each. I have a few other stray FTD titles as well. My pricing on Amazon ranges from $35-$200 each and in almost all cases my prices are the lowest or second lowest per each title. PM me if you are serious about buying my collection. I will ship to USA only unless you are willing to pay for very high shipping costs to outside the USA.

Re: Complete FTD Classic Album series collection

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Gosh, I wish I would win the lottery so I could afford and buy them all from you.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:16 pm

can you post a link to your amazon page please where they are for sale

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:29 pm

Do people actually buy used for more than shop Elvis cost new? smh :wtf:

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:45 pm

WMarkJ wrote:Do people actually buy used for more than shop Elvis cost new? smh :wtf:

Yes, I have sold 20 titles on Amazon averaging about $10 more than Shop Elvis charges.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:49 pm

SOLD!
Last edited by skatterbrane on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:53 pm

SOLD!
Last edited by skatterbrane on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:41 pm

skatterbrane wrote:
WMarkJ wrote:Do people actually buy used for more than shop Elvis cost new? smh :wtf:

Yes, I have sold 20 titles on Amazon averaging about $10 more than Shop Elvis charges.

People are stupid lol

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:22 pm

I remember years ago I got a flyer in the mail advertising FTD. I thought it was a bootleg label and I ignored it. In a used CD store in 2001 or so, in Phoenix AZ (ZIA records) I stumbled upon the FTD title Memphis Sessions so I bought it. Of course having inspected the cover, I realized FTD was a legitimate label. I bought some more 5" FTDs at Zia. I soon discovered that they had Tickle Me. This was a CD I had wished for ever since I saw a bootleg LP that included all 9 songs from the movie. So, between 2001 to present, I have collected ALL FTD titles. I started to sell off the soundboards and early titles whose songs became available on the Classic Album Series.

I have been looking forward to completing my Classic Album collection hoping FTD would release:
Elvis Golden Records
King Creole
Elvis Christmas Album
For LP Fans Only
A Date With Elvis
Flaming Star
Elvis Golden Records Vol 3
Kissin' Cousins
Roustabout
Elvis For Everyone
Elvis Gold Records Vol 4
Speedway
Live A Little Love A Little
Charro
The Trouble With Girls
Change Of Habit
Elvis In Concert

And I understand Elvis For Everyone IS in the making! I have come to realize that my collecting has been such an obsession all my life. Yes, even as a kid. I think it was because I was so poor as a kid. I had to have either ALL or NOTHING when it came to things I was interested in. It is still true today. So, I am selling my beloved collection. I am selling off my most prized Elvis series. It makes no sense to only sell stuff I do not care about, that would not break my habit. It only makes sense to sell off that which I value most to get out of this vicious cycle of collecting and obsession with material things.

I have become an archivist, and the simple enjoyment of just listening to music has been diminished. I obsessively try to mentally keep track of all the various versions, mixes and masters of Elvis songs that are available on RCA/BMG/Sony/FTD releases. It has become exhausting and I just need to finally grow up.

I have lost out on much more important things in life. And one loss in particular has hit me very hard. And even though it had nothing to do with my collecting, I know I need to change my outlook and attitude towards life and relationships.

There are many people who buy stuff who are not aware of the cheapest or best source. The used prices on Amazon are based on Amazon's LIST price, not the discounted price one can get these CDs from other sources. That is why they often sell for $10-$20 more on Amazon.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:35 am

I am already being asked if I would sell individual titles, the answer is no. I have 66 titles so the total would be $1650 plus shipping. As they sell on Amazon, the list will shrink of course.

Here is a quote from the OP: "However, if anyone is interested in buying the WHOLE LOT from me. I would sell them for $25 each......... PM me if you are serious about buying my collection."

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:16 pm

I understand you Skatter, I almost went your way, but instead I just sold what I don't play. I started with most soundboards. The joy of what felt like studio quality on my girlfriend's Opel Corsa little sound system in 1994 seems now substandard audio quality on my home system or on my Land Rover dolby pro logic alpine audio system. I simply outgrown them. Besides, hearing a complete december 75 show in 1993 (when I bought Just Pretend) was revelatory. Now a new soundboard gets usually one spin.

But those classic album series, along other releases (legacies, etc) are essential to me and I really play them. Sometimes I just don't play Blue Hawaii ftd for a couple of years, but suddenly I enter an early 60's "mode" and I play them a lot. That sound quality, production values and presentation of the classic albums series is a labor of love that can't be valued.

Strip your collection down to basics: the classic album series, the special concert projects (Hot august nights), the 5" professionally recorded shows (live in vegas, one night in vegas, the wonder of you, etc), the stand alone projects (viva las vegas 2nd cd, on stage legacy, etc) the cd boxes you dig, from the complete masters to platinum, to elvis at stax). There's only one life, and nobody is physically able to hear 4000 cds regularly, but maybe a rough number of 1000 cds of all the artists you like is a valid one. And from now on, buy what you really like. And if something replaces old cds, sell the one you like the less. For example, if you buy the forthcoming TTWII box set and like the new Santos mixes, get rid of all the former versions.

Anyway, just my 2cents, and hope you get rid of that obsession as I did. Once you do it, it all becomes healthy again and music pleasure enters the picture again.

When I was up to 26 years I never had a dime, so I understand you completely. That long to have it all.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Well as it comes to sets, I either keep them all or sell them all. I cannot imagine myself just keeping the ones I like best. I will still have my core collection of RCA/BMG/Sony titles so I will at least have all the masters.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:49 pm

skatterbrane wrote:
houndog wrote:can you post a link to your amazon page please where they are for sale

Here is my complete CD list for sale:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main/ref=o ... CVSNCVUUC6

thank you

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:50 am

SOLD!