Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Forum rules

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

RED EYE RECORDS, SYDNEY STORE

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:54 am

:D after a tip off from Jim Dandy today i visited 143 York St, Sydney NSW 2000 (02) 9267 7440 shop has been in its current location for 2.5 years.Very close to TOWN HALL train station.
now 18 years ago Elvis selection wasn't 'good' at all as a change in licencing laws meant ALL bootlegs were removed from sale. Today i found most of the Gravel Road, Straight Arrow and even Vegas Variety releases from between $45-$58 each - which is quite good for imports from good labels without any postage. LAST LAS VEGAS box set and book was A$150 off the shelf there.A few other minor labels too but it was good to see and with no postage and instant gratification good. i bought a non Elvis import cd i had been looking for for years so left happy. well worthwhile checking out- oh yeah they have ALL the MRS releases also!~ 8) :lol:

Re: RED EYE RECORDS, SYDNEY STORE

Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:08 am

YDKM wrote::D after a tip off from Jim Dandy today i visited 143 York St, Sydney NSW 2000 (02) 9267 7440 shop has been in its current location for 2.5 years.Very close to TOWN HALL train station.
now 18 years ago Elvis selection wasn't 'good' at all as a change in licencing laws meant ALL bootlegs were removed from sale. Today i found most of the Gravel Road, Straight Arrow and even Vegas Variety releases from between $45-$58 each - which is quite good for imports from good labels without any postage. LAST LAS VEGAS box set and book was A$150 off the shelf there.A few other minor labels too but it was good to see and with no postage and instant gratification good. i bought a non Elvis import cd i had been looking for for years so left happy. well worthwhile checking out- oh yeah they have ALL the MRS releases also!~ 8) :lol:

Their mail order service is superb. I purchased a number of You Am I CDs from them, all without a hitch. You Am I happen to be one of the best rock 'n' roll bands of the past fifteen years, but almost none of their Aussie discs may be found in the U.S.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:51 am

Yes i agree they are 'good' - i actually checked their 'on line' Elvis CD listings and it was SAME as present on display in the shop. however ONLY mostly the recent CD releases like from Audionics' i found their double June 75' CD set, but NOT their Houston 76' show!~ :wink: :roll: maybe it sold out eh? :wink:

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:05 am

I first went to Red Eye when it was on George Street under the American express tower as a ten year old in 1983 on a mission to find the bootleg The King of Las Vegas Live (which from memory was the TTWII soundtrack). I ddn't have any luck, but I developed a rapport with the owner of Redeye who helped this fledgling EP fan out enormously. I even ended up becoming business colleagues with him. Great store, and glad to see it survived the GFC and the basic death of the record shop industry.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:26 pm

Yes i have had quite a chat with a regular Dutch Bootleg supplier & he seemed quite pleased that now i can walk off the street and buy most of latest Bootlegs in 'RED EYE' although he was probably more pleased that prices are maybe 20% higher than HE could sell to me for, BUT and this IS important if you live here waiting WEEKS/Months for a Boot compared to 'buying off the shelf' cannot be under estimated it's amazingly satisfying if you walk in buy what you want and can start listening as soon as you walk out!~ :D :roll: 8)

Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:46 am

wow just looked in their after work yesterday!!! :D :shock: :smt007
they had just about EVERYTHING Elvis for sale!~ :smt007
latest Backdraft NYE(for A$180) FTD's for A$55 each and bootlegs from 'touchdown' SA and 'Audionics' too-great range..... for a collector like me if i wanted or didn't have ANY of those releases then RED EYE is a superb one stop shop for anything at all Elvis i might want...and no reason to complain or wait for unreliable Aussie postal service that way.... 'ok' maybe you'd pay say 10% more.... but the fact it's all available in easy to get to central Sydney is fantastic. i had a great browse and loved every minute of it!~ :P

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:38 am

And to think LMP sat metres away from them back in March.