Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Forum rules

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Elvis records found in antique shop

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:15 pm

I know this is for CD collectors, but maybe you guys can help..

Hello all,
I have been a vinyl collector since I was 16. I am 39 now. I have a very large Smiths and Morrissey collection and some other things.
I am a Elvis fan, but never a collector. Just dabbled in Elvis records.
Well I was browsing in an antique shop today and in the back, they have vinyl. They have a lot of Elvis vinyl. Like maybe 100 or so albums. Some is junk, lots of doubles and triples.
I know just a little about Elvis records just from reading record collector magazine, but this is over whelming.
I have only seen LP's so far. I didn't look at the singles yet.
I did pick up two things today. The first Elvis record 50th anniversary pressing (AFMI-5198) with the gold obi, and that"s alright momma Spinout 7" single (81677).
They have different Christmas albums, readers digest pressings, different live albums, etc.. I mean ALOT..

My question for you guys is, what are some of the stuff I should be looking for? LP wise...
It is probably mostly US pressings.

ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much

Jason

Re: Elvis records found in antique shop

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:11 am

I buy everything I don't already have. The antique stores in my town, In SC look for crazy prices for their Elvis LP's. For example I saw the Aloha LP a while back and they where asking for $60, and the copy was in terrible shape. When I started re-building my collection I started by purchasing lots on EBay. You can get 5 or 6 albums in a lot for under $10 many times.
Rob