Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Forum rules

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

2017 - Unity and Brother/Sisterhood in the FECC community.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:34 pm

As 2016 is fast approaching its end, I am writing to each and every member with my hopes for the new year.

For way too long, there has been an "Us vs Them" attitude here at FECC between what could best be described as two warring factions.

Each side believes that they are right, and the other is wrong. Each side takes some enjoyment out of winding up the other side. Whether this is done solely out of the enjoyment of "pressing a members buttons", or to disrupt the forum. It doesn't matter.

This has to stop. And it has to stop now.

The constant personal attacks, derailment of topics, and petty "button pushing" frightens new members away, as well as long-standing members from participating.

It is no secret that FECC is the largest Elvis forum on the internet, with the largest base of members. Members who come from all corners of the world, and bringing with them unique perspectives of the "Elvis World" - if only they felt "safe" enough to share them, without getting caught in the middle of the above mentioned squabbles.

I ask each and every member to consider the following...

Think of how great FECC COULD BE if we all could get together within our community, unified, with a common interest. With a sense of brother/sisterhood. I am not delusional in suggesting this. As this is how it once was, not too long ago.

I am asking each member to put aside their differences, no matter what side of the aisle they may be on. I am asking each and every member to AT LEAST TRY to make 2017 the year that FECC began to heal and came together as a whole, and became united. If this could be done, we would all be part of something truly great. No more would members fear giving their opinions. After all, we are all different with differing perspectives on a host of Elvis related topics.

This can be done. It should be done. And with each members help - it will be done.

The best part is, that to achieve this - all one has to do is think "Is what I am posting, being posted to push someone's buttons?" If so, then, should you be posting it?

FECC surely will not survive with the way things are currently going. So this is not just a personal plea on my behalf. It is a plea to keep FECC alive and kicking. To strengthen the community of Elvis fans, that we all are.

2017 can be a great year for FECC. We can become one, we can heal. But it cannot be done without your help.

::rocks ::rocks ::rocks

@r&b @Juan Luis @MikeFromHolland @drjohncarpenter @Greystoke @Mister Moon @The fool @Johnny2523 @Mike Windgren @poormadpeter2 @midnightx @TCB-FAN @Hard Rocker @Ciscoking @fn2drive @Steve Morse @The Pirate @promiseland @George Smith @SteamrollerBlues @a mess of polk salad @stevelecher @jurasic1968 @sweetangeline @Domino @goldbelt @HoneyTalkNelson @GibbersGanfa @Ken Jensen @elvisalisellers @Davelee @OnStage55 @Scarre @norrie @When In Rome @Bodie @PiersEIN @ICanHelp @JimmyCool @brian @VEGAS74 @emjel @Tony..@Keith@Rock Legend @Stvimpe @TJ @Lonely Summer @Mister Mike @StefanKock1 @Pink&Black @Chad Gates @EPA4368 @King Volcano @colonel snow @Justin @Tony C @trouble_jw @BBG @minkahed @billyblues @Mike C @BobDylan @Garfield @Kylan @GLAISTER @elvisa @JRtherealJR @RKSNASHVILLE @DayVee Bee

Re: 2017 - Unity and Brother/Sisterhood in the FECC communit

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:17 pm

Whoah.... all you people that pressed the "like" button. What I suspect you're hoping is not that you all find some common ground, but that all the people who disagree with you, come over to your way of thinking. And that's not going to happen, is it?

And if it did, just exactly how boring would that make this group?

No, what needs to be done is the moderators to stop getting in the middle of a bunch of adults who can, surely, fight their own battles.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:21 pm

Hi @The pirate.
Those aren't "likes" but tags.
All I'm hoping for is folks find common ground. I'm not asking for a utopian world. Just one where members debate the topic at hand, and not make it personal. I'm not asking everyone to agree with everyone. Or even, for everyone to like everyone. Just that members think before they make a personal attack. And if members are here solely to "fight battles", they are in the wrong place. FECC should be welcoming to all Elvis fans. Not a battlefield.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:11 pm

Absolutely and totally agree with you, Jordan!!! The constant and fighting and bickering about who's right or wrong is one of the main reasons why I don't visit much anymore. This used to be such a really fun place and we had some very wonderful members. Some have, sadly, passed away (that can't be helped....that's just a part of life) and others like Carolynm & Little Darlin' & even RJM have completely stopped or majorly cut back the time they spend here.

Come on, ladies and gents!! Let's make this board one of the best messageboards out there in the Elvis world!! Like Jordan said, it can be done BUT we ALL have to make an effort to do it!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:49 pm

Thank you, Jordan.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:56 pm

I'm in total agreement with you, Jordan. Thank You!

::rocks

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:29 pm

Thanks Jordan,didnt see my tagbut thanks all the same

Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:45 am

Great post, Jordan.

::rocks

Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:56 am

Well said, Jordan. Thank you for all you do in keeping our little family together, despite its dysfunction.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:10 am

The Pirate wrote:Whoah.... all you people that pressed the "like" button. What I suspect you're hoping is not that you all find some common ground, but that all the people who disagree with you, come over to your way of thinking. And that's not going to happen, is it?

And if it did, just exactly how boring would that make this group?

No, what needs to be done is the moderators to stop getting in the middle of a bunch of adults who can, surely, fight their own battles.

No, what needs to be done is we members taking our responsibility. Sure, we are adults - or we are supposed to be - able to fight our own battles, but that is entirely besides the point. The bickering is annoying, boring, irritating and senseless. It pushes people away, causes them to leave FECC or makes them refrain from engaging in discussions. We don't have to agree about everything, but discussions should be respectful. And that's a shared responsibility. It takes two to tango.