Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Forum rules

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

iPod 160gb crammed full of Elvis in Apple Lossless

Sun May 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Interest check. 

I have the latest iPod classic 160gb coming up to a year old in perfect condition. It has been used in my hi fi system. Of course I will delete all the music from it as I am not selling the music but the iPod.

It has all the ftd studio albums, live albums and soundboards but not including 76 or 77 shows, plus lots of import sets like American Sound Studio stuff, Jungle Room set and some import soundboards.  Also all the BMG boxsets and essential elvis CDs etc. 

The complete Frank Sinatra at Capitol, complete Chuck Berry and some other stuff including 8 of Tony Joe Whites album (I think Elvis studio June NAshville band are on some of TJW sessions). 

Anyway, they are all in apple lossless format. 

The iPod is boxed with all the bits. Cost me £196 so will be selling for £150 potentially. I say potentially because I am thinking of going down the squeezebox touch route if that means anything to anyone.

Of course I will delete all the music from it as I am not selling the music but the iPod.

If anyone is in to hi fi you can buy a Cambridge audio dock which retrieves the digital signal to be then fed into an external DAC and into your hifi. Superb results!!

Email me on Lester.bird@btinternet.com if interested as I don't visit the board much anymore

Re: iPod 160gb crammed full of Elvis in Apple Lossless

Sun May 20, 2012 10:00 pm

I love Squeezebox. I've been using one since before they were acquired by Logitech.

My 94,869-song collection is very, very happy on a Squeezebox.

Once I converted all my many compact discs over to FLAC, I have never, ever looked back with one moment of regret.

Squeezebox setup is not for rank amateurs. It can take a bit of thought if something goes amiss.

However, once you have everything in place, it's absolutely great.

The fact that it integrates very well with iTunes makes it the easiest choice of the "serious" music servers.

I'll confess that because I'm so happy with mine, I haven't kept up with every hardware update or every competitor's latest move.

All I can say, again, is that I'm 100 percent happy with mine.

Re: iPod 160gb crammed full of Elvis in Apple Lossless

Mon May 21, 2012 8:28 pm

I have just replied to the person who pm,d me. However, my message seems to be stuck in my outbox and not showing in the sent folder.

Did the person get my returned message ok?

Re: iPod 160gb crammed full of Elvis in Apple Lossless

Tue May 22, 2012 8:37 am

it will be in the outbox until they read it.

Re: iPod 160gb crammed full of Elvis in Apple Lossless

Tue May 22, 2012 9:27 am

LesterB wrote:If anyone is in to hi fi you can buy a Cambridge audio dock which retrieves the digital signal to be then fed into an external DAC and into your hifi. Superb results!!


I just got the model you are selling, and am enjoying it immensely (incredible battery life, among many things), I would like to know what that means above, please. If you could.

Does this mean you can feed the IPod into a regular speaker system? I would like to do that, without having to buy an IPod boom box. I have a great small stereo system, that I really just got, and it sounds fabulous, but I'd like my IPod to play on it, and I have no idea how to do that.

Anyone know? It's just a real good CD player, with two powerful little speakers, each encased in a nice wood finish. I love them, and the sound is terrific, but it only plays CDs. I'd love to hook up my new IPod to the system, especially since I've started importing losslessly on certain material. (Oh, sorry I can't buy your IPod, but I have it. Good luck! :D )

rjm

Re: iPod 160gb crammed full of Elvis in Apple Lossless

Tue May 22, 2012 3:08 pm

promiseland wrote:it will be in the outbox until they read it.


Many thanks for this.

For the attention of rmj:

Do you have any auxiliary inputs on your hifi system? If so, you could simply run a 3.5mm jack lead from your ipod to your hifi. This could be done very cheaply (£2) but would be not as good as the solution advised in my original post which would be far more expensive.

Re: iPod 160gb crammed full of Elvis in Apple Lossless

Thu May 24, 2012 3:26 am

LesterB wrote:
promiseland wrote:it will be in the outbox until they read it.


Many thanks for this.

For the attention of rmj:

Do you have any auxiliary inputs on your hifi system? If so, you could simply run a 3.5mm jack lead from your ipod to your hifi. This could be done very cheaply (£2) but would be not as good as the solution advised in my original post which would be far more expensive.


Thanks! I'll try it out, see how it sounds. It's small, but it should have that.

rjm

Re: iPod 160gb crammed full of Elvis in Apple Lossless

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:39 pm

LesterB wrote:Interest check. 

I have the latest iPod classic 160gb coming up to a year old in perfect condition. It has been used in my hi fi system. Of course I will delete all the music from it as I am not selling the music but the iPod.

It has all the ftd studio albums, live albums and soundboards but not including 76 or 77 shows, plus lots of import sets like American Sound Studio stuff, Jungle Room set and some import soundboards.  Also all the BMG boxsets and essential elvis CDs etc. 

The complete Frank Sinatra at Capitol, complete Chuck Berry and some other stuff including 8 of Tony Joe Whites album (I think Elvis studio June NAshville band are on some of TJW sessions). 

Anyway, they are all in apple lossless format. 


Would you buy from this man???!!!! LOL.

The iPod is boxed with all the bits. Cost me £196 so will be selling for £150 potentially. I say potentially because I am thinking of going down the squeezebox touch route if that means anything to anyone.

Of course I will delete all the music from it as I am not selling the music but the iPod.

If anyone is in to hi fi you can buy a Cambridge audio dock which retrieves the digital signal to be then fed into an external DAC and into your hifi. Superb results!!

Email me on Lester.bird@btinternet.com if interested as I don't visit the board much anymore


Would you buy from this man??!!! LOL :wink: