Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Forum rules

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Just Curious

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:57 am

I do not think I would ever sell it, but I found something the other night and wondered if it was valuable and, if so, how much?

An early Lee Cotten Elvis chronology -- well, from about 1980. Numbered limited run. And hand signed by him: "TCB Lee Cotten."

Hope I spelled everything right. The book is not at hand right now.

Is this valuable? 173 of 200 little books.

rjm

Re: Just Curious - someone must know about this

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:16 pm

Around 30 people looked at this, and no one can tell me if I discovered something valuable?
I would like to know how much. It was strange to see the autograph. I went to so many fests and flea markets at the time, I don't know under what circumstances I bought it.

Someone must know.

rjm
P.S. -- No matter what the "fest," Elvis always dominated the vendor tables. Didn't even have to be an Elvis fest, although there were several. There was a real big Beatlefest in Atlanta way, way back, and Elvis totally dominated the vendor tables. You'd go to a Trek convention, and Elvis would dominate the vendor tables . . . any kinda flea market that focused on records, books, Elvis was literally everywhere. And you had some Elvis fests, too. They had a big one on Long Island in '84. I got a lotta stuff.

So, with all of this back in the day, I don't know where this little book came from, or anything. I just opened it up last night, and it was numbered, and autographed. With the "tcb" before the name.
Last edited by rjm on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Just Curious

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:29 pm

I don't think that because it is signed gains much value. Cotten has several books.

http://vnhouten.home.xs4all.nl/cottenlee.html

Which one of those?

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Francesc wrote:I don't think that because it is signed gains much value. Cotten has several books.

Which one of those?

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see the little book among the books shown. I have "Jailhouse Rock." Pretty neat, but that was a hard cover, and not signed and numbered. This was just a little, soft-cover thing. A simple chronology: I have to check, but it was "Elvis, His Life" or something on that order. And it was a chronology. Not very accurate, but it was an early one in the scheme of things.

I know I got this at some sort of flea market or fest at the time. I don't have any other books that are signed and numbered. There were only 200 of them. Mine was number 173.

rjm

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:56 pm

rjm wrote:
Francesc wrote:I don't think that because it is signed gains much value. Cotten has several books.

Which one of those?

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see the little book among the books shown. I have "Jailhouse Rock." Pretty neat, but that was a hard cover, and not signed and numbered. This was just a little, soft-cover thing. A simple chronology: I have to check, but it was "Elvis, His Life" or something on that order. And it was a chronology. Not very accurate, but it was an early one in the scheme of things.

I know I got this at some sort of flea market or fest at the time. I don't have any other books that are signed and numbered. There were only 200 of them. Mine was number 173.

rjm

If you can, it would be cool if you scan the front and back of that book and the page where it has all the ISBN info usually one of the first pages of the book.

Francesc

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Later, I'll just take my camera and snap some pics and upload 'em. I'll get real close to the information: the autograph, and the hand-numbered "173." It has a ______ where he wrote the number. And to the right is the signature.

As I said, I'll just take my Galaxy Tab, and take the pics, and that should be fine.

Many thanks.

rjm
P.S. -- I have some rare and unusual Elvis vinyl, but this seems to be the only "unique" book in that way. Just wanted to know if it had some dollar-value as a limited and autographed rarity.