Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Forum rules

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

what s the value of Denis Roberts elvis sunglasses ?

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:53 am

hi i would like know what s the value of Elvis EP and TCB 14krt made by Denis Roberts in the 90s ?

thanks

Re: what s the value of Denis Roberts elvis sunglasses ?

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:16 am

TITI wrote:hi i would like know what s the value of Elvis EP and TCB 14krt made by Denis Roberts in the 90s ?

thanks

Cool shades.. I see some on ebay that sell for astronomical amounts. So if you are looking to sell and got the letter from Dennis you should do good. However, I don't think the frames are that valuable. They can be found at 25-35$ on various websites

Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:18 am

A pair are on here http://www.elvisowned.com/new_page_one.htm for $3500. On a side note, it's sad to see these other items on said website "borrowed" from Elvis' home.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Thanks for your reply
i ve some offers from contacts this last months going up , i would like know the reasons and the the correct value of this original D.Roberts
sunglasses
::rocks

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:27 pm

TITI wrote:Thanks for your reply
i ve some offers from contacts this last months going up , i would like know the reasons and the the correct value of this original D.Roberts
sunglasses

Another thing is that if you want REAL Elvis sunglasses you need to get the originals that were made by Polaroid. The ones Roberts used were. If you go to this page: http://elvisaviatorsunglasses.com/

You'll find the same aviators as Roberts used. I've seen a few of those polaroid aviators sell on ebay, but they rarely turn up.
If you want a pair of replica sunglasses, you should rather buy from the page above.. He makes them with Tcbs on the side as well.
And at a MUCH lower price than the Roberts pieces that are offered.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:29 pm

i have pm message for see pics of my sunglasses
i do just now

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:31 pm

What is the frame made of? All metal ?
This does not look like the frames Elvis would wear. you could see the button hinges from the side.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:33 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120737422479

That listing is for the real aviators.. However, this guy finds real nautics and aviators and put the EP and the TCB emblems to the glasses and sells them as "Roberts originals"....

And look at the hinges, they should look like that if they were exact replica of the ones Elvis wore.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:45 pm

i Have buy to Mr Roberts
it s the exact original replica , i have the coa
it s not all in metal only branch glasses

Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:44 am

If someone is interested do one offer by PM
Thanks

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:28 pm

elvisnorway wrote:
sunglasses

Another thing is that if you want REAL Elvis sunglasses you need to get the originals that were made by Polaroid. The ones Roberts used were. If you go to this page: http://elvisaviatorsunglasses.com/

You'll find the same aviators as Roberts used. I've seen a few of those polaroid aviators sell on ebay, but they rarely turn up.
If you want a pair of replica sunglasses, you should rather buy from the page above.. He makes them with Tcbs on the side as well.

I know that this is an old thread but I thought some here would find this posting interesting.

First lets disspell any falacies between the life of Elvis, and his relationship with Dennis Roberts. Those of us that knew Dennis also know he would inflate stories and interject himself into well known stories when in reality he was never there.

The original aviator sunglasses that you see Elvis wearing in That's The Way It Is 1970 were gas station glasses that were purchased by Red West on their drive to California. The maker is UNKNOWN. Now fast forward to when Elvis and Dennis first meet. No one knows exactly how Elvis got Dennis's information, but Sonny West recalls well the day they went into Dennis' store on Sunset Blvd.

The frames that Elvis was wearing were cheap. Dennis searched around and found a French company making similiar glasses in a much better quality. The French company was called Le Sprit. If you look at some very early Elvis aviator sunglasses you can see their white logo, and "made in France" on the inside left temple. These were the frames that had the reinforced extra "buttons" on the side that connected the arm to the frame. Within several months Dennis was no longer able to get the glasses from this manufacture when Elvis requested a few additional pairs in different color combos.

At that time Dennis contracted with a plastics molding company called "California Molds" located in Van Nuys California. This was then the primary source for Elvis's aviator glasses. Dennis placed 2 orders both of which were in 1971 & 1972 for 8 dozen frames in both gold and silver tone. Dennis also contracted this company to make the "Nautic" frames made by Neostyle. Dennis was a shrewed business man, and was not paying a premium to import these frames from Germany when he simply had a local supplier. Also remember that Dennis sold the same style glasses to not only Elvis, but other celebrities too. Throughout the course of their relationship if Elvis needed, or wanted another pair he would call Dennis, and Dennis's assistant "Hans" would ususally just mail out the glasses to where ever Elvis wanted them shipped.

Of interest are a couple points for the composition of the glasses. The California Molds glasses did not have the reinforced button holes on the main frame like the gas station version. Some of the first pairs that Elvis recieved had no additioanl buttons reinforcing the frame, and Elvis had a tendency to break the frames right between the arm, and frame. The buttons were placed by Hans after the fact when Elvis ordered glasses, and in most cases he did not place them on the frame for asthetic reasons (plus if they broke Elvis would order more). So you will have orginal owned Elvis frames with both buttons, and non buttons. In the late 1990's when Dennis "came out of retirement" he did so using the left over stock of glasses that were acutally stored at his mothers house (IRS Tax Fraud Issues), and recreated exact replicas using original frames, left over prescription lenses, and real gold logos from the original molds. These should be the glasses that your seeing going for higher amounts on Ebay and other places. Now once Dennis ran out of those true frames, he then began using the cheapo ones with their standard lenses. Most of the other makers today are using the same cheap frames/ lenses and gold plated logos to make their versions.

While Dennis was no saint, he did infact develope the final look of the famous Elvis aviator sunglasses. Most of this information I found while researching my own pair of Elvis owned glasses, and I was able to later confirm this informaiton with Hans, and do comparisons with other known orignial pairs.

Hope this helps shed some light on Elvis's frames.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Hollywood wrote:
elvisnorway wrote:
sunglasses

I know that this is an old thread but I thought some here would find this posting interesting.

First lets disspell any falacies between the life of Elvis, and his relationship with Dennis Roberts. Those of us that knew Dennis also know he would inflate stories and interject himself into well known stories when in reality he was never there.

The original aviator sunglasses that you see Elvis wearing in That's The Way It Is 1970 were gas station glasses that were purchased by Red West on their drive to California. The maker is UNKNOWN. Now fast forward to when Elvis and Dennis first meet. No one knows exactly how Elvis got Dennis's information, but Sonny West recalls well the day they went into Dennis' store on Sunset Blvd.

The frames that Elvis was wearing were cheap. Dennis searched around and found a French company making similiar glasses in a much better quality. The French company was called Le Sprit. If you look at some very early Elvis aviator sunglasses you can see their white logo, and "made in France" on the inside left temple. These were the frames that had the reinforced extra "buttons" on the side that connected the arm to the frame. Within several months Dennis was no longer able to get the glasses from this manufacture when Elvis requested a few additional pairs in different color combos.

At that time Dennis contracted with a plastics molding company called "California Molds" located in Van Nuys California. This was then the primary source for Elvis's aviator glasses. Dennis placed 2 orders both of which were in 1971 & 1972 for 8 dozen frames in both gold and silver tone. Dennis also contracted this company to make the "Nautic" frames made by Neostyle. Dennis was a shrewed business man, and was not paying a premium to import these frames from Germany when he simply had a local supplier. Also remember that Dennis sold the same style glasses to not only Elvis, but other celebrities too. Throughout the course of their relationship if Elvis needed, or wanted another pair he would call Dennis, and Dennis's assistant "Hans" would ususally just mail out the glasses to where ever Elvis wanted them shipped.

Of interest are a couple points for the composition of the glasses. The California Molds glasses did not have the reinforced button holes on the main frame like the gas station version. Some of the first pairs that Elvis recieved had no additioanl buttons reinforcing the frame, and Elvis had a tendency to break the frames right between the arm, and frame. The buttons were placed by Hans after the fact when Elvis ordered glasses, and in most cases he did not place them on the frame for asthetic reasons (plus if they broke Elvis would order more). So you will have orginal owned Elvis frames with both buttons, and non buttons. In the late 1990's when Dennis "came out of retirement" he did so using the left over stock of glasses that were acutally stored at his mothers house (IRS Tax Fraud Issues), and recreated exact replicas using original frames, left over prescription lenses, and real gold logos from the original molds. These should be the glasses that your seeing going for higher amounts on Ebay and other places. Now once Dennis ran out of those true frames, he then began using the cheapo ones with their standard lenses. Most of the other makers today are using the same cheap frames/ lenses and gold plated logos to make their versions.

While Dennis was no saint, he did infact develope the final look of the famous Elvis aviator sunglasses. Most of this information I found while researching my own pair of Elvis owned glasses, and I was able to later confirm this informaiton with Hans, and do comparisons with other known orignial pairs.

Thank you for this post! I enjoyed the information!!!! What year did Elvis actually begin weariing the glasses?

Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Hollywood wrote:
elvisnorway wrote:
sunglasses

Thank you for this post! I enjoyed the information!!!! What year did Elvis actually begin weariing the glasses?

BTW. in regards to the mentioned website, I have dealt with the owner (Artie) several times and he's been very gracious to me. He's located in New York. I think he's actually a member here on the FECC board.