Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Forum rules

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Elvis Photo Negative, What can you tell me about it?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi I wondered if you may be able to help me out with a photo negative I have.

It was among some possesions belonging to my mum who was a big elvis fan and as far as I can recall she mentioned she recieved it from her mum some time ago and wondered if you could give me any information on it as well as maybe it's value?

I appreciate your time looking at my thread, I have attached a photo to, I apologize if the quality isn't the best as I only have a camera on my cell phone.

Thank you very much
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis Photo Negative, What can you tell me about it?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:58 pm

From what i see here, it appears to be a shot of Elvis from June 9, 1972 when he was giving a press conference at the New York Hilton. Geraldo Rivera arranged the press conference to promote Elvis' Madison square Garden shows.
This may have been a negative given to your mother by an actual photographer who was there taking photos (which is somewhat doubtful) or she may have bought it from a fan club that was selling duplicate negatives of Elvis photos (and hawking them as the real deal).
I don't know.
But, it's definitely the June 9, 1972 press conference in which Elvis wore a blue jacket with high collar and a zebra print shirt (in other words, black and white spotted shirt) and he opened the press conference with the words "first of all i plead innocent to all charges!"

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:30 am

Wow thank you for the information, I never knew any of that and it has been very helpful indeed.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:16 am

Here is your negative as it would look if printed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chad Gates on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:29 am

It looks like this one.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:02 pm

The fool wrote:It looks like this one.

I flipped the image i uploaded and yep it sure looks a lot like the one you posted.