Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Forum rules

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

STEVE LACEY ELVIS RECORDS & CD SALE THIS SUMMER AT BAMFORD'S

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:00 pm

[size
_49703424_dscf0578.jpg

Superfan sells 12k Elvis discs [/size]
[img]
_49703421_dscf0590.jpg
[/img]

BRITAIN'S biggest Elvis auction is due to take place this summer, after a superfan decided to sell his record collection.
Pub landlord Steve Lacey, 44, began his obsession with the King when he was just 11, after he heard the singing legend's death announced on the radio.

He went on to amass the UK's largest collection of Elvis records, an astonishing 12,000 discs from around the world.

Steve, from Chepstow, South Wales, said: "I'm a fan of all types of music but I got hooked on Elvis as a child.

"I started spending my pocket money and cash I earned on my paper-round on Elvis records, and it snowballed from there.

"We've gone without holidays abroad and fancy cars to invest in the collection, but the time has come to sell up."

Experts reckon Steve's incredible selection of recordings will fetch around £250,000 when they are auctioned at Bamford's in Derby this summer 2011. He has ammased records from all over the world mega rare 45's LP's and cd's

[img]
_49703420_dscf0583.jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: STEVE LACEY ELVIS RECORDS & CD SALE THIS SUMMER AT BAMFO

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Any date for this yet?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:35 pm

Tony

this original post is a little premature by joanna123 (lee bramwell) i was with Steve only last wednesday at Bamfords talking to James the owner about this and as yet no date is set, i am working closely with Steve on this and we are putting together a catalogue and i have the pleasure of photographing all these 12000 items and let me tell you there are some real gems in this one of a kind collection.
This will actually be the second auction as the first originally scheduled for July 2010 didnt take place due to ill health and was actually held October 2010 but for whatever reason was very badly attended so the vast majority of this collection remained unsold, that is why there is no date confirmed yet for this.

All i can say is that Steve has a genuine reason for selling after all these years and it is not something he wants to do but he needs to and thats all i am prepared to say

i will keep you posted ....

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks for the info. I wanted to go there in october, but just couldn't get the day off from stinking work. Next time, I'll go sick. LOL

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:28 pm

here is a link to a very small selection of items that will be in the auction when the details are finalised , but these are also for sale before the date because they do not currently fall within the stock that Bamfords have listed as part of their inventory

yes there are mutliple copies of some ...if anyone is interested in any of these please let me know

more to follow soon

thanks
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1089901358&aid=105133

i have also added front and back scans and some label scans at the following location

http://picoodle.com/mypics.php

more to follow including Japanese LP USA 45 UK LP & 45

Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Sorry to anyone who tried to access the photo's you will have to log into Facebook or Picoodle and i realise not everyone has an account, so here are the pictures again.
if you want further pictures of all front and back covers click the links at the bottom

i have posted more than one picture of some because there are more than one for sale

thanks for looking if anything is of interest please let me know

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

http://img251.imageshack.us/g/img0253zn.jpg/
http://img843.imageshack.us/g/img0211fw.jpg/
http://img853.imageshack.us/g/img0169pz.jpg/
http://img132.imageshack.us/g/img0129fvc.jpg/

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:12 am

Japanese LP's for Sale also part of the collection
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

http://img849.imageshack.us/g/img0072q.jpg/

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Very nice collection......but man.....I would not sell it......

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:16 am

Sun Hero wrote:Very nice collection......but man.....I would not sell it......

This really is nothing, a very very small selection of some of the 12000 items in the collection and believe me it is not something Steve wants to do but more a case of must ,,its breaking his heart to part with it

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:55 am

will there be a catalogue for the people oversees....

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:17 am

Sun Hero wrote:will there be a catalogue for the people oversees....

yes there certainly will be i am working on it now with great pleasure photographing all 12000 items this auction will also be live on the internet ...more details to follow soon

thanks

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:44 am

houndog wrote:

yes there certainly will be i am working on it now with great pleasure photographing all 12000 items this auction will also be live on the internet ...more details to follow soon

thanks

Nice avatar houndog!

I love her! :) Brad should dump her and let somebody else have a chance. 8)

Please keep us informed, alot of us are very interested in this auction :!:

Take Care,

Mitch

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Mitch wrote:
houndog wrote:

thanks

Nice avatar houndog!

I love her! :) Brad should dump her and let somebody else have a chance. 8)

Please keep us informed, alot of us are very interested in this auction :!:

Take Care,

Mitch

Hi Mitch

Yeah she is a beauty aint she
i will keep you all upto date about the auction , here is the link to Bamfords web site and the itemsd that sold at the original very poorly attended auction in October to give you an idea of some of the things that sold and the low prices they made as there were only about 30 bidders across the two days
For Steve's sake i hope the next is better attended and generates interest on the internet also as it really is an unbelievable collection and i hope it realizes its value
and in case anyone is wondering ..my interest in this is purely as a friend to Steve i am gaining nothing financially from it only the pleasure of seeing and photographing many many items i have only ever seen in books or on the net and most of all the friendship of Steve himself who i didnt know until last October but it is obvious we have alot in common and both Elvis collectors

http://www.bamfords-auctions.co.uk/BidCat/Catalogues.asp?F1=3072&F2=4169&F4=1054&select=C28OCT10&status=A

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:51 pm

US EP's
including rare "perfect for parties"
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
to see the above images in the image shack please use the link below

http://img42.imageshack.us/g/img0391cy.jpg/

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 pm

p.s dont forget these are just a very small selection of the collection that wasnt catalogued last time that is why i can post them here and they are all for sale now prior to the auction once they have been added to the inventory at Bamfords they will be only available at the auction so if anyones interested in any contact me ,,make an offer etc

also hopefully sometime over the next two weeks i hope to be able to film the collection in a small promo type vid so you will get a better perspective of whats available

keep checking back....

thanks

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:58 pm

US 45's part 1

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

link to image shack album http://img683.imageshack.us/g/img0430t.jpg/

parts 2 and 3 to come ...

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:51 pm

US 45's part 2... including super rare 70's picture sleeve not listed in the osborne price guide Good Rockin Tonight Gold Standard 447-0602 released 1977

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

direct links to the imageshack album http://img828.imageshack.us/g/img0493ru.jpg/

Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:24 pm

US 45's part 3..... including Rare He Touched Me, promo's and Jan Deary signed promo
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

again the direct link to the imageshack album is http://img140.imageshack.us/g/img0616le.jpg/

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:23 pm

A few UK LP's & 45's including green label demo's HMV LP and super rare My Way / America picture sleeve 45 from 1977 not listed in Elvis UK

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 am

Import 45's .. some nice oddities and rarities ..

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sun May 01, 2011 2:45 pm

great pics, I will be bidding, can I suggest when you do pics of records, have them the right side up so people can read them better, i know its a pain, as I have started doing more pics of my collection,