Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Forum rules

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Signed James Burton Solo Single...

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi

I have for sale a rare James Burtin SIGNED single from his early days (signed 1990's) when he was using the name "Jimmy Dobro" - and he even sings on the B-Side!!

I had James sign this at one of the Mablethorpe events and he said he had never seen a copy of it since it's original release in the early 50's - more the point, this is a PROMO copy - so rare was it, that James asked me to tape a copy of it for him!! HIS OWN RECORD!!!!

It is: "Everybody Listen To The Dobro" / "Swamp Surfer" PHILIPS 40137 US PRESSING (it wasn't released elsewhere).

It has the original Green and White company sleeve which James has signed.

Pictures will follow, but having tried to upload them several times I've given up!! Available on request... good condition for its age, but the history behind it is fascinating.

No idea of value, so no reasonable offer refused!!

Re: Signed James Burton Solo Single...

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:07 pm

It's not from the fifties but from 1963
Value according to Rocking Records price guide $30-$40 for a mint copy

Re: Signed James Burton Solo Single...

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks for the update - James couldn't remember and he said around about the 50's, but he's done so much of course his memory will be a bit dodgy.

I appreciate the feedback.