Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole, make sure that ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. In the case that we become aware that the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see - Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Forum rules

Note: Before any posting relating to Elvis Trading or selling is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL ELVIS product must be Legal merchandise. If we become aware, the material you are selling or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

March 1976 signed "I GOT LUCKY" Album

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:59 pm

::rocks I have decided too let one of my good items from my pvt collection go!

Its a signed Album from march 21st 1976
complete with coa
open to serious offers please

email me if intrested

alanmccn99@gmail.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: March 1976 signed "I GOT LUCKY" Album

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:34 am

getlo77 wrote:::rocks I have decided too let one of my good items from my pvt collection go!

Its a signed Album from march 21st 1976
complete with coa
open to serious offers please

email me if intrested

alanmccn99@gmail.com

Personally I don't believe it to be authentic... unfortunately. Probably what you didn't want to hear... :(

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:50 pm

i have to agree with lewlew that the autograph is a fake.
i looked up an actual Elvis autograph on line and discovered that the big loop on the end of the "y" in Presley, usually had a point at the bottom and wasn't completely round (like on your record album cover.
The autograph on your album cover, the Elvis and Presley seems too squashed together and slanted at an angle opposite of Elvis' actual signature.
I am not a handwriting expert but it's obvious to an untrained person like myself, that your autograph is a....FAKE!
How and when did you get the autugraph and how much did you pay for it?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:21 pm

110% fake!!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Were the 'Pickwick' pressings even around in '76 ? I didn't see them in the stores before 1979 ... :smt017

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:47 pm

memphisflash wrote:Were the 'Pickwick' pressings even around in '76 ? I didn't see them in the stores before 1979 ... :smt017

Yes they were. This one is from 1975.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:36 am

Hope you didn't pay too much for it. :(

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Guys every single elvis autogrpah is a fake!
most were signed by his father a lot were signed by red west and sonny west( as i was told by sonny in 2002)
i bought this in 2002 in memphis at the elvis convention at the peabody hotel auction along with the scarf.
i did hours of research cross ref signatures from 59 onwards and its close as hell.

if it is a fake then its the best fake ever on the planet due to the fact that its a one time deal if it went wrong it aint any use!

i worked for lisa marie in 2006 for 5 days and showed her my scarf and album...."thats my daddy's SIGNATURE" she said to me!

best wishes guys
TCB ::rocks

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Pickwick Records
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pickwick Records was an American record label and distributor known for its budget album releases of sound-alike recordings, bargain bin reissues and repackagings under the brands Design, Bravo (later changing their name to International Award), Hurrah, Grand Prix, and children's records on the Cricket and Happy Time labels.[1]
The label is also known for distributing music by smaller labels like Sonny Lester's Groove Mechant, Chart Records and the Swedish label Sonet Records (for which it distributed late-1960s recordings by Bill Haley & His Comets in Canada and the US). They also issued records from Britain's Hallmark Records label.
History

Pickwick Records (originally formed as Pickwick Sales Corporation, later Pickwick International) was founded in 1950 by Cy Leslie, whose first business was a prerecorded greeting card service that in 1946 turned into Voco Records, a label of children's records. In 1957, after successfully marketing their Cricket children's label of 78 and 45rpm records, Pickwick entered the LP market with low-priced records, beginning with their Design label.[2] The albums from the 1960s into the early 1970s bore the "Pickwick/33" imprint.
Singer-songwriter Lou Reed once worked as a staff songwriter for Pickwick Records, and gained experience in their small recording studio. Several of Pickwick's soundalike albums from 1964-65 feature Reed as an uncredited session musician. Two of his songs, "Cycle Annie" (credited to The Beachnuts) and "You're Driving Me Insane" (as The Roughnecks), both appeared on the Soundsville! compilation in 1965. "The Ostrich" and "Sneaky Pete", two earlier songs by Reed, united him with John Cale, leading to their founding the Velvet Underground.
Amos Heilicher and his brother Daniel Heilicher merged their Musicland retail chain with Pickwick International in the late 1960s. Capitol Records had an early interest in Pickwick, and many of its artists had items on Pickwick; however, Capitol sold its share in the company in 1970. Pickwick was sold in 1977 to American Can Company, who relocated their corporate headquarters from Long Island City, New York to Minneapolis, Minnesota.
In the 1970s the label changed direction, and began reissuing LPs that had been deleted from catalogs of the major record labels, in particular the RCA Records subsidiary RCA Camden, itself a reissue label. Besides the RCA Camden catalog, the company also put out an edited reissue of Elvis Presley's soundtrack album to Frankie and Johnny, and a two-LP set of mostly movie songs entitled Double Dynamite. After Presley's death in August 1977, RCA Victor began reissuing Presley's catalog, and Pickwick's Presley series ended.
Pickwick also reissued numerous LPs from the Motown catalog during the 1970s. On many of these albums, the cover art was changed, and/or the track listing was altered (with two or more songs deleted). In the early 1980s Motown began re-releasing its own catalog albums, thus ending Pickwick's series.
The company also started subsidiary labels P.I.P & De-Lite, to issue original material. De-Lite hit it big in 1974 and 1975 with million-selling singles & albums by funk band Kool & The Gang. P.I.P had a couple of big dance club hits with "7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (Blow Your Whistle)" and "Drive My Car" by The Gary Toms Empire in 1975.
Pickwick's assets were purchased by PolyGram Records in the late 1970s. PolyGram maintained the De-Lite Records label for releases by Kool & the Gang, who experienced a second wave of success after the addition of new lead singer J.T. Taylor, beginning with 1979's "Ladies Night". Polygram later did away with the De-lite imprint, and subsequent Kool & The Gang records were issued by PolyGram's Mercury label.
Pickwick's catalog (including the entire De-lite/Mercury catalog of Kool & The Gang) is now owned by Universal Music, which merged with PolyGram in 1998.
The Hallmark name has since been revived as a budget record label, owned by the Pickwick Group.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Actualy guys u done me a huge favour as i just realized that this an orignal 1971 album release and just for that i have decided too keep the album with the bonus of ep on the front.

I Got Lucky is a compilation album by Elvis Presley. The album, released in October 1971, is a follow-up to the "C'mon Everybody" album as it features the remaining tracks from the soundtrack EP's (previously unissued on LP) of the same four films from the first compilaton plus one non-movie/non-LP track.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:54 am

getlo77 wrote:Actualy guys u done me a huge favour as i just realized that this an orignal 1971 album release and just for that i have decided too keep the album with the bonus of ep on the front.

I Got Lucky is a compilation album by Elvis Presley. The album, released in October 1971, is a follow-up to the "C'mon Everybody" album as it features the remaining tracks from the soundtrack EP's (previously unissued on LP) of the same four films from the first compilaton plus one non-movie/non-LP track.

You have the Pickwick album from 1975...the 1971 date on your lp is only a repete of the "first" lp on the Camden label that you will find on many re-releases.

Here is a pic of the "first" original Camden release...1971
Last edited by VEGAS74 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:19 am

Here is the first and second UK releases...