Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Polk Salad Annie Feb 17, 1970 DS MT question

Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:40 pm

Keith Flynn lists this as being sung on Feb 17, 1970 DS on his site.

http://www.keithflynn.com/essential_lis ... -1970.html

I have compared with my AR and I found no match there. My AR must be correctly dated cause the version of Kentucky Rain which is dated as being from Feb 17, 1970 DS on Writing For The King FTD matches perfectly with my AR (pre song banter). So which date for PSA is correct ? Or is it unique on the Behind Closed Doors LP box (Good Times Never Seemed So Good import cd) ?

Re: Polk Salad Annie Feb 17, 1970 DS MT question

Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Keith Flynn lists this as being sung on Feb 17, 1970 DS on his site.

I have compared with my AR and I found no match there. My AR must be correctly dated cause the version of Kentucky Rain which is dated as being from Feb 17, 1970 DS on Writing For The King FTD matches perfectly with my AR (pre song banter). So which date for PSA is correct ? Or is it unique on the Behind Closed Doors LP box (Good Times Never Seemed So Good import cd) ?

i have the same issue with and i love you so from december 6 1975 DS According to keith's page.. but i compared it with the audience recording, and they don't match up

Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Keith Flynn lists this as being sung on Feb 17, 1970 DS on his site.

i have the same issue with and i love you so from december 6 1975 DS According to keith's page.. but i compared it with the audience recording, and they don't match up

Which release do you have for DS and MS..?
Hint: Just Pretend was only sung during the MS

Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:48 pm

I suppose it could be the version of 'Polk Salad Annie' from February 16 1970 MS on the 'Behind Closed Doors' box-set, where I have it listed as February 17 1970 DS? I suppose that would make sense.

Keith

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

These ones

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

These ones

Those two cdr's appear to be mixed up Johnny - the one listed as the dinner show is actually the midnight show, and vice versa!

Keith

Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:48 pm

Keith wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

These ones

Those two cdr's appear to be mixed up Johnny - the one listed as the dinner show is actually the midnight show, and vice versa!

Keith

Absolutely...switch the dates and all is fine.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:54 pm

Keith wrote:

I suppose it could be the version of 'Polk Salad Annie' from February 16 1970 MS on the 'Behind Closed Doors' box-set, where I have it listed as February 17 1970 DS? I suppose that would make sense.

Keith

The first question is..why does it appear as being from the DS on your list. What is the source for it ? All other is speculation therefore we need to have compare all versions of PSA we have from this period with the one in question. I bet there is a match.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:21 pm

Keith wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

These ones

Keith

Thanks keith :)

Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:23 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Keith wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

These ones

Keith

Absolutely...switch the dates and all is fine.

When can we expect a FTD release of this show ? of the MS that is (Thats mislabled on the PA Release as DS) It has a nice setlist and a rare (For the time) ''Sweet Caroline''

Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:47 pm

I want a soundboard of the show that includes Can't Help Falling In Love after See See Rider.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:02 pm

stevelecher wrote:I want a soundboard of the show that includes Can't Help Falling In Love after See See Rider.

december 10 1975 that would be, hmm @ciscoking any idea if ftd has this one?

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:26 pm

Ciscoking wrote:The first question is..why does it appear as being from the DS on your list. What is the source for it ? All other is speculation therefore we need to have compare all versions of PSA we have from this period with the one in question. I bet there is a match.

I bet there isn't!

Keith

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:40 pm

We had this discussion a while ago:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=86772

And the only way to find out will be a release of that multi track tape some day.
Last edited by Tomek on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Johnny2523 wrote:

Johnny, I noticed that Elvis has Tiger Man on the setlist. Is it a solo performance? :roll:. Did he comment anything about that song been recorded on the SUN record label? :wink:. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:24 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Johnny2523 wrote:

Johnny, I noticed that Elvis has Tiger Man on the setlist. Is it a solo performance? :roll:. Did he comment anything about that song been recorded on the SUN record label? :wink:. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Solo and no hint IIRC.. :wink:

Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:40 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Johnny2523 wrote:

Not a solo performance, just the medley cut into two tracks

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

So is it a solo performance or a medley cut in two? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.