Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Here I go again CD

Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:47 pm

What is the date of the CD Here I go again? The CD itself says August 23 1969 dinner show, but the site Elvisconcerts says August 24 midnight show and What'd I Say is from the august 3 dinner show ( guessed date ). And Keith Flynn's site says: The introductions, In the ghetto and Suspicious minds are from the August 22 midnight show. So my question is: What is the date of the CD or isn't it one concert ( is it spliced with other concerts ?).

Re: Here I go again CD

Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:34 pm

It*s Aug 24, 1969 MS. Missing bits were inserted from other shows...

Re: Here I go again CD

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Ciscoking wrote:It*s Aug 24, 1969 MS. Missing bits were inserted from other shows...

Do you know which shows?

Re: Here I go again CD

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Parts of S. Minds, complete What'd I Say and Cant Help Falling in Love were taken from 'Opening Night 1969' tape (wrongly dated as Aug 3, 1969 DS')

Re: Here I go again CD

Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:10 am

vinelvis wrote:What is the date of the CD Here I go again? The CD itself says August 23 1969 dinner show, but the site Elvisconcerts says August 24 midnight show and What'd I Say is from the august 3 dinner show ( guessed date ). And Keith Flynn's site says: The introductions, In the ghetto and Suspicious minds are from the August 22 midnight show. So my question is: What is the date of the CD or isn't it one concert ( is it spliced with other concerts ?).


Here's the lowdown on that CD release, which I shared on another topic about a year ago:

The soundboard tape of 8-24-1969 MS, Here I Go Again being the first release, runs out after "Yesterday" / "Hey Jude."

The producers of this import (and all copies after) use at least two different 1969 shows to fill in the last 4 cuts: the in-line recording from 8-03-1969 DS first heard on Opening Night 1969 takes care of half of "Suspicious Minds," and all of "What'd I Say" and "Can't Help Falling In Love." To be exact, their edit on "Suspicious Minds" comes at 3:06, and matches the 8-03 DS the rest of the way.

The performance of "In The Ghetto," the first 3:06 of "Suspicious Minds" (and the introductions) that are heard on Here I Go Again may be from the mysterious 8-23-1969 DS, although others claim the 8-22-1969 MS is the source.

Finally, Here I Go Again runs too slow, while Opening Night 1969 is more or less at proper pitch.

Re: Here I go again CD

Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:51 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
vinelvis wrote:What is the date of the CD Here I go again? The CD itself says August 23 1969 dinner show, but the site Elvisconcerts says August 24 midnight show and What'd I Say is from the august 3 dinner show ( guessed date ). And Keith Flynn's site says: The introductions, In the ghetto and Suspicious minds are from the August 22 midnight show. So my question is: What is the date of the CD or isn't it one concert ( is it spliced with other concerts ?).


Here's the lowdown on that CD release, which I shared on another topic about a year ago:

The soundboard tape of 8-24-1969 MS, Here I Go Again being the first release, runs out after "Yesterday" / "Hey Jude."

The producers of this import (and all copies after) use at least two different 1969 shows to fill in the last 4 cuts: the in-line recording from 8-03-1969 DS first heard on Opening Night 1969 takes care of half of "Suspicious Minds," and all of "What'd I Say" and "Can't Help Falling In Love." To be exact, their edit on "Suspicious Minds" comes at 3:06, and matches the 8-03 DS the rest of the way.

The performance of "In The Ghetto," the first 3:06 of "Suspicious Minds" (and the introductions) that are heard on Here I Go Again may be from the mysterious 8-23-1969 DS, although others claim the 8-22-1969 MS is the source.

Finally, Here I Go Again runs too slow, while Opening Night 1969 is more or less at proper pitch.


Thanks! ::rocks

Re: Here I go again CD

Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:55 pm

We have to add that the date 8-3-69 DS is just a guessed one. That's why the respective FTD release Return To Vegas is only dated as "August 1969"..

Re: Here I go again CD

Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:57 pm

Ciscoking wrote:We have to add that the date 8-3-69 DS is just a guessed one. That's why the respective FTD release Return To Vegas is only dated as "August 1969"..

I know, this is what I said in my first post:
vinelvis wrote:What is the date of the CD Here I go again? The CD itself says August 23 1969 dinner show, but the site Elvisconcerts says August 24 midnight show and What'd I Say is from the august 3 dinner show ( guessed date ). And Keith Flynn's site says: The introductions, In the ghetto and Suspicious minds are from the August 22 midnight show. So my question is: What is the date of the CD or isn't it one concert ( is it spliced with other concerts ?).

Re: Here I go again CD

Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Okay..sorry.... ::rocks

Re: Here I go again CD

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:16 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Okay..sorry.... ::rocks

You don't have to say sorry, because I know the date isn't sure, by your topics.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=81696&start=50
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=74137
::rocks