List of soundboard recordings

(Closed, Archive only)Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes. (Closed, Archive only)

Moderators: Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Re: List of soundboard recordings

Post by Ciscoking »

elvis77ro wrote:Let's left out cdrs, as Pure Platinum label one, also maker used not an uncompressed wav file for..
No homemade cd-r here ...surest thing on earth.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

Ciscoking wrote:Before it drownes..here`s my query again..

Ciscoking wrote:Perhaps this is the right place to get this all straight..

That's The Way It Is - The Complete Works (all 6 shows)
Something - Aug 11, 1970 DS
Twenty Days & Nights - Aug 11, 1970 DS
Sittin' On The Top Of The World - Aug 12, 1970 MS
Stranger In The Crowd - Aug 13, 1970 DS
all official releases are MT

Red-Hot In Richmond, Standing Room Only Tapes, Vol. 2 - April 10, 1972 ES
A Greensboro Revolution ! - April 10, 1972 ES
All other imports should be real soundboard.
Close Up is MT.

As I Leave You / Candid Elvis On Camera / The CBS Concert Recordings - Omaha, June 19, 1977 ES
The CBS Concert Recordings - Rapid City, June 21, 1977 ES

Please add recording format and mono / stereo .

Thank you.
I do not understand your query. Don't you own these releases yourself? I do not have any bootlegs, obviously, because I don't care about them one bit, but I seem to remember that the TTWII shows first got released in mono by mistake, then in stereo. The sound was taken from the MGM camera. Same with EOT. Not sure if those tapes are mono or stereo, but they come from the camera. Same with CBS, which I seem to recall was mono.
Last edited by Deleted User 1099 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

I have them all..but I wanted to get the terms right.."taken from camera"..stereo or mono..etc..
I am no sound engineer..

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Deleted User 1099

They are copies of stripped-down professional recordings.

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

All TTWII shows are either MT by Sony/FTD or stereo from camera by imports with exception of the "Complete Works" box which is mono from camera and "Sitting On The Top Of The World" (Aug 12, 1970 MS) which is a copy of the MT.

A Greensboro Revolution and Red Hot In Richmond are stereo....from camera.
Close Up is MT and Hampton Roads is mono from camera.

The CBS tapes are mono from camera.

Can we put it like this..?

Deleted User 1099

That seems about right, Ciscoking. :D

Squire Smart
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Squire Smart »

Ciscoking wrote:I have them all...
Wow! Cisco you must have your own 'bootleg room' to house them all, that's more than a couple of shelf's worth. :D

Squire Smart

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Quite a few shelves..yes... :lol:

James27

Post by James27 »

I think such a list including ALL releases plus re-releases even where there is just the slightest change/upgrade is very useful. I don't find it useless to have everything listed complete, if not but to compare with what I have and what needs to be updated in my own collection. The otherwise pretty (deleted - see guideline #2) WLR label DID re-release the Texas 6-6-75 show in their Tour nr. 14 box set, the show earlier featured on the Lone Star label (and most of it on the "Silver" box set officially), with the necessary corrections (no Burning Love re-start for example), so it IS an upgrade from an unlikely source/label. Of course, later on re-released yet again and supposedly better??

Very nice thread, Cisco, thanks!
Last edited by James27 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.

James27

Post by James27 »

It would be a VERY nice topic/thread to compare Original soundboard releases with their re-releases, so know which ones are really upgraded sound-wise (and I mean a better source or transfer and NOT just some minor knob-tweaking on a home PC!). Something like Henryk used to do on the still terrific Elvis In Concert website (http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/fromthedeskof.htm), analyzing, but ongoing so including ALL releases and limited to live soundboards (and perhaps soundbooths, too) only. Those who collect 'em all, can do this if they are up for the challenge?

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

You can do this when you have them all..I don`t..

James27

Post by James27 »

I was thinking more in terms of combined contributions... I am missing a lot of the more recent re-releases. The ones that I do have sometimes do offer better sound, others show almost no difference, and yet others sound worse than their Original 1990's or early 2000's outings, which is bizarre...

Here are some more re-releases -I think- not present in your list? :

*From Richmond to Greensboro dates are 10-4-72 ES + 14-4-72 ES; 2-cd (I can verify: definitely better sound for the Richmond show)
*Vegas Rhythm Revisited dates are 2-2-73 MS, 3-2-73 DS and MS; 2cd+1dvd (better sound on new cd's?)
*Fort Worth Texas date is 15-6-74 AS (supposedly "newly remastered from original source" (?))
*Love, American Style cd date is 28-6-74 ES (better sound ?)
*Mood Swings (for the 2-9-74 C.S.: supposedly better & 'less muffled' sound (?); also now contains "I couldn't live without you" and spliced-in version of See see rider from 27-9-74 ES)
*Sweet Home Alabama: 2-CD, supposedly better sound (?) = date is June 2, 1975 AS+ES
*Going Back To Houston 2-CD, supposedly 'improved sound' (?) dates are 4+5/6/1975 both ES
*Look Out Jackson Town 3-CD: supposedly 'better sound' dates are June 8 AS+ES and June 9 ES (= only show that day)
*Bicentennial Superstar 2-CD: better sound? dates are 30-6-76 ES + 31/8/76 ES
*Elvis as recorded live in Las Vegas: date is 7-12-76 10 pm; supposedly newly remastered, right speed this time (?), plus bonus tracks from same season;

I have none of the above except for the From Richmond to Greensboro shows. But I'm curious to know whether or not claimed sound, speed and pitch improvements are really improvements, if all claims are true.. so for those who have these, your input is welcome!

("supposedly" means that the label itself has claimed this in their promotions through websites, but that I can't verify it myself; it doesn't necessarily mean the claims are untrue.)

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

OKay,..but you surely know that they don`t have other soundboard tapes.. they use the well-known and work with them on pc...one likes the results..others dont like ..

lucio

Post by lucio »

Great list. Sometimes I forget how many shows I've bought on lp/cd over the last 40 years.
I used to love all live concerts but once the soundboards came out, the audience recordings got shelved away.
Lucio

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Post by ritchie valens »

Are there not any from the Aug 1975 Vegas engagement ?

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

nope....

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:D Nice list Cisco... and i NOTE you are NOT listing soundboard shows where just a couple or so tracks are taken from and added at the end of a FTD release~!

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

I never cared about single songs from shows that have been scattered around on various releases,

I think this list is a helpful tool to have an overview was is available regarding "complete" shows.
I left out the SB boxes and some other unimportant re-releases...I only listed the most important
outings..

James27

Post by James27 »

Ciscoking wrote:OKay,..but you surely know that they don`t have other soundboard tapes.. they use the well-known and work with them on pc...one likes the results..others dont like ..
Yes, I know, but a better transfer from the same tapes, or correcting significant previous speed/pitch/editing issues does make a re-issue that fits one or more of these criteria a worthwile addition to the list, I think.

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Problem is..that I dont have all re-re-re-releases.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

I would like to hear the May 30th 1976 ES Show in odessa one day, Elvis introduces ''It's Now Or Never'' as his favourite song of the ones he did. And does a good job on it, No sherill nielsen yet, Also a beautiful help me make it through the night that's before ''It's Now Or Never''

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

vinelvis
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

Post by vinelvis »

Johnny2523 wrote:I would like to hear the May 30th 1976 ES Show in odessa one day, Elvis introduces ''It's Now Or Never'' as his favourite song of the ones he did. And does a good job on it, No sherill nielsen yet, Also a beautiful help me make it through the night that's before ''It's Now Or Never''
FTD does have this show on soundboard. They used it on Tucson '76. They have the afternoon show and the evening show. Maybe they could release a double album?

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

I wouldn't recommend them to Ernst in all honesty.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

Ciscoking wrote:I wouldn't recommend them to Ernst in all honesty.
The evening show really doesn't sound that bad to my ears, Elvis seems to guinenly enjoy ''See See Rider''. one of the better versions from that year.
Also it's now or never is introduced as elvis favourite song from his own catalogue, and it's a standalone version no sherill, and he does a nice job on it to. Help me make it through the night is nice as well. Compared to other shows of that summer, this one doesn't sound bad, and love letters on the FTD is a nice version.
and I would love to hear atleast the evening show on soundboard one day..

Both shows also have nice setlists. Altough the AS Is incomplete on audience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

I come back about it in due time..okay,..?