Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Cisco King- Alert - ElvisOnCD.com

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:08 am

Cisco - FYI on ElvisOnCD.com, the page that discusses The CBS Concert Recordings CD 2 - Rapid City, SD 6/21/1977, actually links to 6/19/1977 in Omaha. So you have two pages which go to Omaha.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

Re: Cisco King- Alert - ElvisOnCD.com

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Can`t find it..you have a direct link for me..,,the concerts on cd section is okay..

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 pm

BrianTCB wrote:Cisco - FYI on ElvisOnCD.com, the page that discusses The CBS Concert Recordings CD 2 - Rapid City, SD 6/21/1977, actually links to 6/19/1977 in Omaha. So you have two pages which go to Omaha.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

Think you are referring to this link?

Nervous CD2 link_01.JPG

It goes to this page:

Nervous CD2 link_02.JPG

However, that collection has both concerts on it, so the link is OK. Just scroll down to see the Rapid City tracks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:47 pm

John,..he is referring to elvisoncd.com..anyway..thank you for helping..

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:25 am

Ciscoking wrote:John,..he is referring to elvisoncd.com..anyway..thank you for helping..

Why is he telling you, when the webmasters are two other guys?

Also, where are those afternoon shows from Omaha and Rapid City? ;-)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:12 pm

He is telling me because I am in charge of the live section...I knwo the webmaster of course and will forward the bug to him. as soon as I know what it lies...

There was NO afternoon show on June 19 and 21...John..hope this helps... :wink: ...

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:30 pm

Ciscoking wrote:He is telling me because I am in charge of the live section...I knwo the webmaster of course and will forward the bug to him. as soon as I know what it lies...

There was NO afternoon show on June 19 and 21...John..hope this helps... :wink: ...

Oh, that's funny, because the site denotes "evening show" for each date, and that implies there was another show at each venue that day. ;-)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:24 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:He is telling me because I am in charge of the live section...I knwo the webmaster of course and will forward the bug to him. as soon as I know what it lies...

Oh, that's funny, because the site denotes "evening show" for each date, and that implies there was another show at each venue that day. ;-)

It implies that the show took place at 8.30 pm and not 2.30 pm. There were a few possibilities. Single AS, single ES, both of them a day. This avoids any confusion.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:10 am

Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Oh, that's funny, because the site denotes "evening show" for each date, and that implies there was another show at each venue that day. ;-)

It implies that the show took place at 8.30 pm and not 2.30 pm.

No, it doesn't. It only serves to confuse the information being presented.

But we've been down this road before. ;-)

Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:11 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Oh, that's funny, because the site denotes "evening show" for each date, and that implies there was another show at each venue that day. ;-)

It implies that the show took place at 8.30 pm and not 2.30 pm.

No, it doesn't. It only serves to confuse the information being presented.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you Doc. It implies the show took place in the evening. :)

It doesn't imply that an afternoon show took place the same day. Anyone with enough knowledge about Elvis knows that the afternoon shows ceased after Houston August 1976. If someone doesn't know this then they should do more research... :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:07 am

The last afternoon show was Sep 6, 1976....but not everyone knows that.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:50 pm

Ciscoking wrote:The last afternoon show was Sep 6, 1976....but not everyone knows that.

Thanks!! I did not know that! I was under the impression that Houston was the last one.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:16 am

BrianTCB wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:No, it doesn't. It only serves to confuse the information being presented.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you Doc. It implies the show took place in the evening. :)

It doesn't imply that an afternoon show took place the same day. Anyone with enough knowledge about Elvis knows that the afternoon shows ceased after Houston August 1976. If someone doesn't know this then they should do more research... :mrgreen:

As noted, your knowledge of Presley afternoon appearances falls short. But you do prove why my view is the correct one.

Use standard nomenclature in categorizing Elvis concerts and one does not have to "do more research."

In other words: keep it simple, avoid redundancy, and you convey the information.

But some choose a different path. ;-)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:45 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:No, it doesn't. It only serves to confuse the information being presented.

As noted, your knowledge of Presley afternoon appearances falls short. But you do prove why my view is the correct one.

Use standard nomenclature in categorizing Elvis concerts and one does not have to "do more research."

In other words: keep it simple, avoid redundancy, and you convey the information.

But some choose a different path. ;-)

Doc - you are right. My knowledge did fall a little short!! My bad on that one... :mrgreen:

But, the proper information *is* actually conveyed, though - the show took place in the evening. At 8:30 p.m. The show information 6/21/1977 ES is not redundant. Now, if one were to say 6/21/1977 8:30 p.m. ES, then *that* would be redundant and in that case I would absolutely agree that it should be shortened to use one or the other and not both.

Whether or not an afternoon show took place that same day is actually irrelevant to the information being presented. It does not create confusion nor require more research, nor does it create questions. It's an evening show. One could do the research and look into it more if they want (like I suggested), but they don't necessarily have to - the site shows many shows and does not show any afternoon shows in 1977. You don't have to go far to realize that there's a reason for that.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:35 am

You miss the point, one which you proved with your very own postings on this topic ...

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:49 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:You miss the point, one which you proved with your very own postings on this topic ...

Nope...I haven't missed the point.

I've proven quite well with non-contradictory civil arguments that it's acceptable to use such nomenclature on ElvisOnCD.com.

Really it's all down to personal preference which now is down to semantics. Let's not argue about semantics. :wink:

Now that we've all been down this road...let us get back to the enjoyment that is Elvis concerts! :)

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:48 am

I have posted this picture before, but since this thread mentions the 9/6/76 concert being the last afternoon show Elvis ever did, I thought I'd post the picture again. I gave Elvis the hat/sunshades at the ES show in Huntsville on 9/6/76. Notice "Elvis" in sequences on the left hand lense. I had someone put his name on these glasses. Don't remember who it was. I drove to Huntsville from Atlanta without a ticket. Waaited around outside until right before the concert. Bought a ticket for $30 on the 7th row center. I spoke with the security guard before the concert and told him where I was sitting, and that I had driven from Atlanta and would like to go to the stage and give Elvis the hat/sunshades. He was very nice and let me go to the stage.

Elvisly,

Linda

Huntsville76.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:14 am

lovin' EP wrote:I have posted this picture before, but since this thread mentions the 9/6/76 concert being the last afternoon show Elvis ever did, I thought I'd post the picture again. I gave Elvis the hat/sunshades at the ES show in Huntsville on 9/6/76. Notice "Elvis" in sequences on the left hand lense. I had someone put his name on these glasses. Don't remember who it was. I drove to Huntsville from Atlanta without a ticket. Waaited around outside until right before the concert. Bought a ticket for $30 on the 7th row center. I spoke with the security guard before the concert and told him where I was sitting, and that I had driven from Atlanta and would like to go to the stage and give Elvis the hat/sunshades. He was very nice and let me go to the stage.

Elvisly,

Linda

Thank you for sharing the story and the photo.

I love how the head piece on his belt buckle had fallen off. Did he give it to anyone in the crowd?

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:31 am

Dr. C., yes he gave the belt buckle to a girl that hollered at him that he was about to lose the buckle. He tore it the rest of the way off, and called her to the stage and told her since she was the only one who noticed that, he was going to give it to her. :D

Elvisly,

Linda

Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:19 am

lovin' EP wrote:I have posted this picture before, but since this thread mentions the 9/6/76 concert being the last afternoon show Elvis ever did, I thought I'd post the picture again. I gave Elvis the hat/sunshades at the ES show in Huntsville on 9/6/76. Notice "Elvis" in sequences on the left hand lense. I had someone put his name on these glasses. Don't remember who it was. I drove to Huntsville from Atlanta without a ticket. Waaited around outside until right before the concert. Bought a ticket for $30 on the 7th row center. I spoke with the security guard before the concert and told him where I was sitting, and that I had driven from Atlanta and would like to go to the stage and give Elvis the hat/sunshades. He was very nice and let me go to the stage.

Elvisly,

Linda

Huntsville76.jpg

Wow, Linda - way cool! Thank you for posting! It's a picture that captures your moment (or at least briefly after) for a long time to come.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:29 am

I just realized I made a mistake in my comments on my picture. I was at the AS (afternoon show) when I gave EP the hat/sunshades. That's the reason I posted the picture again since this was the last AS Elvis ever did. I was not at the ES show in Huntsville. SORRY :oops:

Elvisly,

Linda

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:07 am

thanks for correcting Linda cause i have the afternoon show and i used this for the cover i have cause its a serious looking Elvis wearin glasses on stage. Had Elvis been on stage long b4 you were able to get down to the stage. soo lucky to been able to see him , a/s or e/s lol.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:16 pm

I don't recall how long EP had been on stage, probably for quite a while. He seemed tired at this show, so it's not one of my favorites. But I do have some nice memories.

Elvisly,

Linda