Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Has anybody got Keiran Davis' Vegas book....

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:18 pm

..and could check for me whether there are reviews of August 15, 1969 DS and MS....and perhaps post them here..? Would be great.. ::rocks

Pehaps we even have some infos about the Opening Night tape from Joan Deary.... :wink:

Re: Has anybody got Keiran Davis' Vegas book....

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:59 pm

Ciscoking wrote:..and could check for me whether there are reviews of August 15, 1969 DS and MS....and perhaps post them here..? Would be great.. ::rocks

Pehaps we even have some infos about the Opening Night tape from Joan Deary.... :wink:

Kieran Davis' 'Elvis - Live At The International' features Peggy Elzea's diaries and memories from her many visits to Las Vegas. Her diaries start from August 23, 1969 and there's no mention of August 15. I had a quick search through the book for any press reviews but couldn't see any.
There is track listing for one of the shows on August 15 where Jerry Lee Lewis is introduced but it's unsure whether it's the DS or MS.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Post it,..please..

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Post it,..please..

Wasn't sure if I could post a photo of the page, so I've typed it out. It has the track listing complete with Elvis' dialogue.

August 15th, 1969 Unknown show
Blue Suede Shoes
(Male fans yells, "Elvis" and really draws out the last syllable)
"We'll... It's hard to get started man..."
I Got A Woman
All Shook Up
"I have a frog in my throat...first meat I've had all day (this is different to August 13th
delivery)
... What do I do next? Oh yeah.."
Love Me Tender
(Elvis uses the "ears are running" dialogue again)
Jailhouse Rock
Don't Be Cruel
Heartbreak Hotel
Hound Dog
Memories
Mystery Train
Tiger Man
"...You sure are breathing heavy, Elvis"
Baby What You want Me To Do
Are You Lonesome Tonight
Yesterday
Hey Jude
Introductions
"There's a young man in the audience who I know very well and I know you know
him. He's totally out of sight. We started out in the business with the same company.
I'd like you to say hello to Jerry Lee Lewis."
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On (1 line)
In The Ghetto
Suspicious Minds
What'd I Say
Can't Help Falling In Love
Cuts appear after 'Suspicious Minds' and 'What'd I Say'.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Thanks for your efforts....great man..

So this isn´t really a review as stated somewhere ...that´s only a rundown of the AR we have..
On my AR there`s also Runaway between Baby What You Want Me to Do and Are You Lonesome Tonight.
I also notice a cut between Hound Dog and Memories which could inicate a missing song (My Babe?)..
Why I am saying this is that I believe that the so-called "reviews" which are floating around for both shows ..
just mean one and the same show....confusing were the slightly different set lists which are explained now....I also know that an old cassette tape is labelled "MS" ..which means for me as a final summary that we have the August 15, 1969 MS and NOT the DS as labelled on "The Concert Years Vol. 1"...
I also noticed some heavey rattle of glass on the AR which could indicate the serving of drinks which was part of the "cocktails only" midnight shows

"Mystery solved"...as John would say..

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Thanks for your efforts....great man..

So this isn´t really a review as stated somewhere ...that´s only a rundown of the AR we have..
On my AR there`s also Runaway between Baby What You Want Me to Do and Are You Lonesome Tonight.
I also notice a cut between Hound Dog and Memories which could inicate a missing song (My Babe?)..
Why I am saying this is that I believe that the so-called "reviews" which are floating around for both shows ..
just mean one and the same show....confusing were the slightly different set lists which are explained now....I also know that an old cassette tape is labelled "MS" ..which means for me as a final summary that we have the August 15, 1969 MS and NOT the DS as labelled on "The Concert Years Vol. 1"...
I also noticed some heavey rattle of glass on the AR which could indicate the serving of drinks which was part of the "cocktails only" midnight shows

"Mystery solved"...as John would say..

No, not a review. There isn't a review in Ken Sharp's 'Vegas '69' either, but it does have a tracklist which, like your AR, includes 'Runaway'. 'I Can't Stop Loving You' could also be considered as a missing track. Maybe it was done along with 'My Babe'?

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:21 pm

No,..I think I Can`t Stop Loving You was done later..around the time RCA built up recording equipment..

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:51 pm

I can say for sure that this isn't the DS from the 15th because I was there and Jerry Lee Lewis wasn't. But Elvis negleted to introduce me. Elvis did sing My Babe at the show I attended.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:59 pm

L Ray wrote:I can say for sure that this isn't the DS from the 15th because I was there and Jerry Lee Lewis wasn't. But Elvis negleted to introduce me. Elvis did sing My Babe at the show I attended.

Is this a joke..? Seriously..

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:11 am

Ciscoking wrote:
L Ray wrote:I can say for sure that this isn't the DS from the 15th because I was there and Jerry Lee Lewis wasn't. But Elvis negleted to introduce me. Elvis did sing My Babe at the show I attended.

Is this a joke..? Seriously..

Pretty sure he saw EP in '69.

So ... can we now assume all of the CD-Rs below contain the 8-15-1969 MS ?

And ... if so ... will you get elvisconcerts.com to update their listings?

Up and Running.JPG

Live in VEGAS.JPG

The Concert Years Vol. 1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:05 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Sure....I will do so right away and I know I wil be credited for the research in big letters.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:56 am

Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Sure....I will do so right away and I know I wil be credited for the research in big letters.

Whatever floats your boat, Joachim!

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:54 pm

I got a wonderful confirmation from LRay that he indeed visited the DS..so we can now be 100% sure we have the MS here on the cdr...so the date is August 15, 1969 MS...and The Concert Years Vol. 1 is wrongly dated with DS..

At first I thought LRay was joking..really sorry about that. .but I already apologised...he probably comes back later with the whole story..

Thank you all guys to help clearing up another mystery,,that`s why we are here....a great gang..!

::rocks

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:52 pm

It's a really good book. The diaries are very interesting especially for young fans like me who weren't alive to watch Elvis in concert. It discusses everything: airport, queues, hotel rooms, entering the showroom, descriptions of the concerts, memorable encounters with Elvis. One can really understand what it was really like. It also has a handful of very rare, previously unreleased 1971 Vegas photos from the Closing Show in September and more. I have suspicions that the diaries have been altered a little and information by listening to the audience recordings of those shows has been added. However, it's still a fantastic book. The best bit of the book is it has a list of all the Vegas and Tahoe concerts from 1969 to 1971 and it lists all the songs and most of Elvis' dialogue from all the recorded shows.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Is there a mentioning of Las vegas September 8, 1970 3 am show..? An extra show that was added after
closing night September 7th..?