Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

"Yeah See, See See Rider"

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:35 am

I remember back when I used to read the AEK newsgroup in the late 90's, people used to say Elvis did "Yeah See" a few time in 1974, although I've listened to some of Cisco's tapes from 1974 and none of them have Elvis going "Yeah See" on them. So far, these are the only "Yeah See" I have heard.
(And I mean Yeah See starting the song, Elvis did a "Yeah See" ending the infamous August 30, 1976 version - not what I'm looking for.)

In reverse order: (Elvis starting See See Rider with "Yeah See"

December 29, 1976 - Birmingham, AL
December 28, 1976 - Dallas, TX

July 23, 1975 - Ashville, NC - (Actually it sounds either like WELL See or Hello See - He screams it much like the the two above.)

March 28, 1975 - Las Vegas, NV - (It's off mic from the Big Boss Man FTD, but you can clearly hear Elvis off-line going "Yeah See"

Anybody know any more "Yeah Sees"

Re: "Yeah See, See See Rider"

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:58 am

Now,..that`s an interesting topic..seems like we never run out of threads..absolutely fantastic... :wink:

::rocks

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:49 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Now,..that`s an interesting topic..seems like we never run out of threads..absolutely fantastic... :wink:

::rocks

I'm just intrigued by the "Yeah See." I mean the late 1970's might have had bad shows for Elvis, but they always had great See See Riders. I mean July 23, 1975 and December 28, 1976 are some of the greatest version of the song of all time.

(The 1970 version will always be a superior version, but the 1970 version wasn't the opening song - so it doesn't count.)

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:29 am

How many times did he sing "Oh, see ..."?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:44 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:How many times did he sing "Oh, see ..."?

A Freudian slip, Doc? I thought you were intent on saying it was "C", not "see"????

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:How many times did he sing "Oh, see ..."?

More times than he sang "Yeah See."

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:11 am

On the July 1, 1974 show in Omaha NE, he starts the song off by saying "I Said See....See See Rider", as he did on the Feb 1970 versions.