Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

VEGAS AUGUST 14TH 1973 DS - THE CONCERT YEARS VOL. 70

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:07 pm

Just took a closer listen to this audience recording. The sound is not the best, and the highlight for me was I Got A Woman/Amazing Grace/Amen + the introduction of Priscilla with the song "Release Me". All over a good show, but then I found out that the recording of this show ends after "How Great Thou Art", the last part, after this song (the talking and Can't Help Falling In Love") is taken from the August 10th Midnight Show. I must admit that such discoveries is good, but I really don't like it. This means that we have a more incomplete show, and who wants that? :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: VEGAS AUGUST 14TH 1973 DS - THE CONCERT YEARS VOL. 70

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:10 pm

I didn`t notice that..I will check..the end..and intros..

What´s this cover you attached..? CDR...?...Title..?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:12 pm

My AR has no inserted parts from other shows..

2001 Theme missing, Intros incomplete, Can`t Help Falling In Love incomplete, Closing Vamp missing. RT: 46:10. One show..sound soso..

What about the cover from you..?...CDR..title..?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:46 pm

"2001 Theme missing, Intros incomplete, Can`t Help Falling In Love incomplete, Closing Vamp missing. RT: 46:10", the same goes for my AR so I guess it's the same source. Here's a comparing link, first from Aug. 10th ms "I don't take no bull", and right after the same from Aug. 14th ds "TCY Vol. 70"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D6Z8XF56

The CDR inlay is for my own version of the show. Here's the front
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:00 am

I have compared and you are right...mate..the end after HGTA is taken from 10.8.73 MS... :smt006

Happy to have such experts like you.... :smt007

::rocks

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm still a little disappointed to find such things, because I want have each shows as complete as we can get it. I usually cut away mixes of shows like this, but I do some exepetions when I'm already have mixed them, but in these cases I've put on some comments so I know which show they are coming from. The closing riff on my cdr is mixed out of the opening riff, so it came from the same show.
BTW, while I'm now working on Summer Festival '73, do you know if there excists an another AR of August 19th DS "Rambunctious Boy" with correct speed. My copy is the same version that is up on the Elvis In Concert sites (link: http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cdr/730819ds.htm ) where the speed is to fast and it's just a few seconds of "My Boy". The speed is a lesser problem, but if there's a cdr with a more complete version of "My Boy" I would be happy. I think the sound of this AR is quite good and there's possibilites for making a good sounding show here. I've already corrected the speed, and working on the first round of remixing it. ::rocks

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:35 pm

My AR is complete with My Boy 3:25..total RT: 45:50..correct speed..bad and dull sound..

How did you come to know that the end of TCY Vol. 70 is from 10.8.73 MS..?
it doesn`t just happen..lol..

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:32 pm

When I'm making my own collection of shows, I am going through the shows and retrack them the way I want them and see if I can do something with the sound. While I'm doing this I use headphones (my wife don't like the sound of the AR's, can you imagine that??? :roll: :smt005 ) and by cutting them the way I want I have to listen to every bit of it and even sometimes go through the songs second for second to remix them. So you're right, it just don't happen :D

I would like to hear your copy of the Aug. 19 ds show, so I wonder if you could upload it? It is the right show here on this link?

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cdr/730819ds.htm

Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Put your request in the request box for shows.....and I will do it.. :smt006

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:45 pm

The request is posted. There's obviously that some AR cdr's circulating under the same title, but with different sound and quality. :cry:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:31 pm

I once had the other..incomplete source..which ran too fast..total RT only 38:01..to 45:50 for the new source..
o.k..My Boy being cut there..

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:48 pm

I ended up with an acceptable sound after correcting the speed and remixing it. Here's an example, I Got A Woman/Amen :smt006
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DG1UKXH7